2nd baby after c section

Squeakz

Reaction score
ok so this is a little on the soon side but iv been worrying about it for awhile now. I realise that after a section you're risk level in pregnancy goes up to high (or so i've been told)...but i was just wondering what that actually meant for future pregnancies??xx

It doesnt change a thing in my mind. All it means is that if you choose to have a natural birth next time then they may ask if they can monitor you more than usual to keep on eye on uterine rupture. But you can refuse that. While your pregnant I believe it just means you may have to see a consultant every now and then.

Personally, with my next, I wont look at the pregnancy any differently and my birth plan will be exactly the same as it was with my first. Im going to refuse to extra monitoring. I may even try and get a homebirth :thumbup:

not that i would choose to but do you get the option of having another sec?? i persnally would love to have a vbac as natural as possible but im worried already that im gonna end up being strapped to a bed again....xx

im in same boat.....its hard to figure out what im going to do i have no idea

iv been watcing one born every minute and for some reason its made me scared to death of a vbac....and im irritated that im gonna be 'made to sit down the whole time tc etc xx

I'm hopin4 a vbac thus time but got the bonus of havin 2 natural births b4 my section. I've had to see the consultant more this tine and basically been told that Il b monitored but can sit in the chair and use the birthin ball if they can keep a good trace of baby. I was worried I was gonna b stuck on the bed the whole time but been assured that I shouldn't have to b x

i had a planned c-sec due to growth problems..my lo was born more or less 38 weeks and was 5lbs 2oz! not that im ready for another one yet but i would have loved to have a natural birth and now i feel i wont be able to!! my c-sec went amazingly and i was up on my feet right away, but i kinda feel that i missed out! =(

anyone thinking about vbac needs to read this book:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Silent-Knif...0272/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1295526749&sr=8-1

I know its expensive but it really is the VBAC bible, very practical guide to what you should do to get your VBAC. Theres a whole section on the 'high risk' thing (they dont believe VBAC is high risk at all) and the truth about uterine rupture (it can happen to any woman even if she hasnt had a c-section in the past - and the chance of it happening is in fact lower than is worth worrying about, AND fetal monitoring does not help them diagnose uterine rupture anyway :roll: )

My mum gave it to me, and its my favourite book at the minute.

i would have loved to have a natural birth and now i feel i wont be able to!! ....i kinda feel that i missed out! =(

I felt like this too after my section. They told me I would be eligeable for VBAC and then said "but with continuous monitoring and everything of course" :wall2:

It really upset me at the time cos I HATED being on the monitor when I was in labour cos of having to lie down and I cant imagine going through a whole labour like that. But now Im a bit more distanced from the whole thing I see that althought Im going to have to fight for it, I wont be having continuous monitoring. They cant wrestle me onto the bed to make me have it :shakehead:

The silent knife book has some lovely chapters on emotional recovery from a c-section which really helped me, so Id recommend it even if youre not considering another pregnancy.

aw thanks i might have to check it out!!x

i would have loved to have a natural birth and now i feel i wont be able to!! ....i kinda feel that i missed out! =(

I felt like this too after my section. They told me I would be eligeable for VBAC and then said "but with continuous monitoring and everything of course" :wall2:

It really upset me at the time cos I HATED being on the monitor when I was in labour cos of having to lie down and I cant imagine going through a whole labour like that. But now Im a bit more distanced from the whole thing I see that althought Im going to have to fight for it, I wont be having continuous monitoring. They cant wrestle me onto the bed to make me have it :shakehead:

The silent knife book has some lovely chapters on emotional recovery from a c-section which really helped me, so Id recommend it even if youre not considering another pregnancy.

.. i dint have much choice but to have the c-sec but the more i read this thread the more i feel sad and that im a cheater! even my friend had natural with her twins!!!!! =:)cry:

You didnt cheat by having a section. In my opinion a section is the harder way to give birth.

Tiny, I think Im going to get that book. Im debating asking to see my birth notes as well and be talked through it all. I want to know the reasons behind it all happening. :)

I had emergency c-section with my 1st and opted for a c-section for my 2nd and 3rd xx

.. i dint have much choice but to have the c-sec but the more i read this thread the more i feel sad and that im a cheater! even my friend had natural with her twins!!!!! =:)cry:

youre not a cheater hun, youre a very brave mummy, you lay down and let someone you never met before do surgery on you while you were awake just to make sure your baby was safe, a real mummy would lay her life on the line for her baby and us c section mummies go through some real scary stuff out of love for our LOs. A c section is much more scary than a natural birth, the way I see it, your friend with her twins was very lucky not to have to go through it :hug:

You didnt cheat by having a section. In my opinion a section is the harder way to give birth.

Tiny, I think Im going to get that book. Im debating asking to see my birth notes as well and be talked through it all. I want to know the reasons behind it all happening. :)

I want to do that too, I think its a really good idea, but Im a bit scared that it will open the flood gates. Its only recently Ive been able to fall asleep without having flashbacks and when I told my health visitor about them she just said it was normal to look back at the birth. I think I need to find some kind of support before I start digging it all up. It seems like if you dont have postnatal depression noone wants to know :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back