2 month Jabs

prickleyfairy

Reaction score
Mia is due to have her jabs on Wednesday evening, i just wondered whether i needed to give her anything before, like some calpol? Or is she likely to need that after??

Also is the injection in her arm, or leg??

Thanks
Amy xx

hi prickleyfairy

Lily had hers a few week ago (due her second lot this week)
they did it in her leg, I'm pretty sure it is proberly the same there too.

Also I wouldn't worry too much about giving any think beforehand, but just keep an eye on her after as she could get a temperature then obviously you can use so calpol.

I can't beleive how quick time going :D

xSuzx

Hi, when Nathan had his injections it was in his thigh.

As for her injections, I think it depends on the baby, some babies are ok after their injections. Nathan was fine, only cried when they done the actuall injections then he was fine :) I'd wait until shes had her injections to see if she is ok or seems in pain before you give her anything :)

Jacob had his in his leg too, he cried at the time but then seemed to sleep for ages after them!!

Xxx

Hi Amy

Olivia had one jab in each thigh, left was tetanus and right was the polio. The left one came up in a lump so I called the HV and she asked if it was the left or right leg, then said that the tetanus one does come up in a lump sometimes.

I wouldn't give calpol to her before the jabs because it wont prevent a temperature and as you can only give her 2 lots of calpol during 24 hours if she does have a need for it you've already used one dose.

Lucy

harley had his few days ago, hes not very good with his he is pretty poorly for a good 5days after, as soon as he has the jabs i give him medicine to keep his temp down.
medised is good for it.
harley had his done last tues and still aint his happy self yet

I gave Isaac calpol after his jabs last time and before hand this time on the advice of the nurse.

To be honest, he was fine with both and only cried when the needles went in. He wasn't even sleepy after the first lot but he was more so this time.

Perhaps wait and see what he's like after the jabs.

Thanx for the replies, i wont give her any calpol before then i shall just wait untill after and see how she is?

Thanks
Amy xx

my doctor has told me to give calpol after ellis' jabs! so i will xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back