• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

10 months old and gone off eating! Can anyone advise??

Beatlesfan

Reaction score
Imogen is almost 10 months old. For the last couple of weeks, she has gone off eating lunch and dinner, particularly off a spoon. No worries I thought, all babies go through these phases. She was spitting food out after saving it all in her mouth and refusing spoon. So I thought give her finger foods (cheese, veg sticks, cucumber, rice cakes, bread etc).... she does take some but nowhere near as much as she was taking when she had "hot food" mashed up.
She still has bottles at 7am, 10.30am, 3pm and 7pm - all have 6oz in them and that's what's offered.... she usually takes between 4-5 oz sometimes takes the whole lot. Food times are 8ish, 12.30/1pm and 5/5.30pm.

Any advice?

I managed to get her to eat off a spoon last night (cottage pie and fruit for dessert) but only by her watching Baby Einstein to distract her. Don't wanna go down the route of feeding her whilst she watches TV but am getting to be at a loss to know what's best.

I wondered about dropping/limiting the amount of milk she has, so she is hungrier for food??? We have also started giving her the follow on milk lately as she is not eating much, so she gets the extra vitamins etc. from that. She prob has between 16-20oz a day plus cow's milk on cereal and in food. Actually she does eat well at breakfast - cereal off a spoon and some toast.

any advice laydeez....
gratefully appreciated. She is very active so needs her calories. She doesn't look like she is losing weight or anything but maybe I should get her weighed to check???

you could try dropping the morning milk, I reduced Matildas bottles from about 8 months I think, dropping the mid morning one first and then the afternoon one when she was about 10 months, I only gave her the afternoon one if she hadnt eaten much or was really fractious. she's been on just a early morning and bedtime bottle now since 10/11 months.

I'm sure it's just a phase though and nothing to be too worried about.

Thanks for your advice Tuck. How much milk was your LO having at 10 months then with just am and pm bottle? i worry that she won't be getting enough! paranoid mummy! :oops:

x

she was on 8oz but didnt normally finish bottles. with milk in her breffast, yoghurts, cheese etc, also if i cooked anything with white sauce, she was getting plenty of calcium etc.

i also just kept trying differant foods. she loved red lentils (soup).

just keep trying

I'd have water and healthy snacks available to her throught the day, as its more natural for them to eat little and often than a big meal, but more importantly it will put your mind at ease if she doesn't eat so much at mealtimes then as she's had a steady stream as it were. Very best wishes :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Briguebbon
Back