Baby announcement cards?

i.love

Reaction score
I know it's a bit too early to start thinking about this in my case... But I just can't stop myself :) I'm in a crafty mood and was wondering if I should make some baby announcement cards to send to all relatives and friends, when the baby arrives.

Has anyone thought about ordering or making such cards?

I'm a bit stuck for design ideas at the moment. Usually such cards have the baby photo on them. This would mean that as soon as I give birth I need to take plenty of good pictures, then rush home and choose the best one, crop it, adjust the colours, whatever, print out the photos and then stick them on the cards... Somehow I feel like this will be the last problem on my mind!

If I don't go for the photo option, what should be on the card? I'm worried that my card will look more like the sort of card you give someone who just gave birth, not the other way around! You know what I mean?

Anyway, sorry for the long post. Any ideas would be very much appreciated :)

We thought about these to announce the pregnancy. I'd picked personalised cards i.e. 'your going to be grandparents!' then inside having a picture of the 12 week scan and space to write due date & any note.

Needless to say neither of us could keep our mouths shut so there was nothing to announce in the end lol

I'll prob make 'thank you for the gift' cards but not announcement cards, just going to ring everyone, and put a photo on facebook! I'm crafty too but can see me having time or inclination for a few weeks!

I will probably make some, not sure on design yer, but I suspect something involving a photo :) or I may order them from somewhere like vistaprinr, maybe get the postcards done with a photo of little man and a mice message printed :)

I sent them out :) My parents came in to see me after she was born and sent them out that night with a photo of my LO in each one and were sent out that night. People had received them before I left hospital which was nice.

I didnt put any photos on facebook until I knew everyone I wanted had received theirs as I wanted to keep it a little special. I think they are lovely as you can keep one for a little memory box and it makes grandparents and family members feel nice and special too lol.

I've sent little 'thank you for the baby gift' notes to people. I will say that you might not have time at first so don't feel under pressure people will understand you're busy .

X

I was thinking to make the cards in advance, and just sign them after I give birth! I definitely wouldn't have time after birth - I'm rather slow with crafts, all the cards would take me ages!

Melio10, how did you manage to print out photos so fast??..

you can just get someone to nip to tesco for you to get photos printed
most stores do a one hour service :)
and i think their standard service is 24 hours, so getting photos should be easy enough if you wanted to do cards in advance and then pop a photo in once baby has arrived :D

I was thinking to make the cards in advance, and just sign them after I give birth! I definitely wouldn't have time after birth - I'm rather slow with crafts, all the cards would take me ages!

Melio10, how did you manage to print out photos so fast??..

My parents came and took photos of LO a few hours after she was born and printed them at home. They were only about 3inx2in to just slip in the cards :) Id deffinately do them again. Everyone seemed to really like them. People don't often do announcement cards now because of email etc so I think it was quite nice. :)

Thinking about it this is a nice idea for older relatives who don't get to see the photos you put on fb, all my and hubbys family live miles away so unless they visit they wont even see baby til we go down, might do announcement cards now!

yeah theyse are nice cards... Boots also does some. I just really fancy making my own :)

I think its a great idea. I would love to do something like this myself but i really just dont have the time.

I have an idea though - you could get all the wee bits and pieces from a craft shop, make up the cards then stick on a passport sized photo of baby. Theres an easy way to do it - do you have a colour printer? There is a photo thingy you can use thats free (can try and find out the name of it from OH) and all you do is change the baby photo into smaller passport sized photos, print, cut and clue with a pritt stick to the front of the card (or inside) I cant imagine it would take that long..especially if the rest of the cards were ready in the other ways, envelopes written out ect.

:)

thanks littlemiss, that's pretty much what I'm going to do :) will get some random baby photo, make a card for it, sign it etc, and then will print out our bubba's photos as soon as I'm at home and stick them on the cards instead. Thanks for the idea!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back