Zika virus...would you travel to the Canarys this summer?

I have no plans to travel anywhere so my decision is quite easy. Think I'd be a bit worried if I had plans. I'm not sure how much of it is scare mongering in the press thought to be honest. Have you got a holiday booked? Would your insurance cover any cancelled or changed plans?

I'm sure it's not affecting the Canary Islands isn't it just further afield like the Caribbean islands?

I thought all the cases of Zika in Spain / canaries have been confirmed as contracted from abroad and NOT from active mosquitoes there.
I was in Tenerife last week and it wasn't a concern at all. I wouldn't travel to Mexico, Brazil etc though

I'm meant to be going there in July and have been feeling anxious but i'm just going to keep an eye out for changes to the travel warnings.. Everything i've read so far has insisted that the climate isn't right for the mosquitoes and that they already take huge precautions to decrease the population of any mosquito.. I think i'll stay covered up just incase!

Just be extra careful and use the best mosquito stuff pregnant people are allowed to use.
Don't risk mosquito bites... I find it quite scary to think that people might take risks on unfounded research :-(

I'm in turkey and it was mentioned on here before that another lady travelling to turkey had been warned about it. I mentioned to my midwife where I was going on holiday and she never said anything she just warned me about increased risk of dvt from the flight.

I'm wouldn't be concerned anyway.

However what I have found interesting is that I normally get bitten to shreds. I've been here 2 weeks now and I've not had one single bite! My son has had 2 so they've been about. I don't know if it's my hormones or the fact I haven't worn body lotion or any perfume the entire time. I wore incognito one night but smell was too strong.

Would be interested to know if other pregnant ladies who usually suffer have had less bites since becoming pregnant too??

Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back