Zero Sperm

Gem1308

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Just posting my story to see if there is anyone else in a similar situation, and could help with any advise and what to expect next.

I am 34 OH is 32, We have been ttc since Aug 15',

I have had 21 day bloods all ok, due for another 21 day blood test tomorrow,
Had an internal scan all ok, my OH was sent for a SA a couple of weeks ago, they called and told him they found Zero sperm, yes zero sperm, I didn't even know that was possible, we are absolutely heartbroken, I have googled everything which is really not a good idea as you always take more notice of the bad things than the good.
So where we stand now we have an appointment booked with the hospital on the 23rd March and no idea what to expect really.

My mind is all over the place and it is killing me to see my OH so upset.:(:(
Sorry for rambling on ladies and just needed to get it off my chest.

xxxxxxxxx

Hi Gem,

Sorry to hear you have had bad news. Sperm counts can be improved depending on the reason that it is low, there are lifestyle changes he can make and supplements he can take to help. However if it is due to blocked tubes you will possibly have options like surgical sperm extraction, so if he is making sperm but it just can't get out that is an option.

There is quite a lot more information on a forum called fertility friends, you might like to sign up and have a look on there. I don't know much about it, we very briefly looked at the info before my husband had his SA, as he had a very late operation to correct undescended testicles, much later than is recommended for successful fertility, but luckily his tests all came back perfect and the issues were all mine.

Hi Snowbee,

Thank you so much for the response and the info, I will take a look on fertility friends,
I am trying to stay positive until we have been to the hospital.
xx

Stay positive Hun, I don't know the specific details with exactly what treatment they had, but a friend of mines OH had the exact same- they were devastated and thought that was it. He was then referred and diagnosed as having cystic fibrosis, which was a complete shock as he seemed fit and healthy and didn't have the usual symptoms you would assume with the disorder. He had to have a couple of operations on his testes, then they had IVF- but they are now the proud parents of adorable twin girls. It definitely hasn't been a straight forward and easy journey for them, but at least there is light at the end of the tunnel that it IS possible? Fingers crossed you have a similar happy ending xxx

Stay positive Hun, I don't know the specific details with exactly what treatment they had, but a friend of mines OH had the exact same- they were devastated and thought that was it. He was then referred and diagnosed as having cystic fibrosis, which was a complete shock as he seemed fit and healthy and didn't have the usual symptoms you would assume with the disorder. He had to have a couple of operations on his testes, then they had IVF- but they are now the proud parents of adorable twin girls. It definitely hasn't been a straight forward and easy journey for them, but at least there is light at the end of the tunnel that it IS possible? Fingers crossed you have a similar happy ending xxx

Thank you so much Potternutter,
That gives me hope, we have our appointment at the hospital this Thursday so I am praying everyday for there to be some good news.

Thank you again and take care xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back