You're going to hate me for saying this but.....

s

Reaction score
try not to get excited about symptoms until after you miss your period. It's really not worth considering it before then. I went through lots of heartache and frustration this year trying to get pregnant. Every month I had symptoms and yet my period arrived. I actually took a month off because I was so sick and tired of feeling angry and negative about getting a period and decided to chill out about it all. I then missed a period and it was only then that the well-known symptoms seemed to mean anything. Every month I thought my sense of smell had increased but it hadn't. When you're pregnant you have a sense of smell that could detect a polo mint under 10 mattresses. It can have very unpleasant side effects too when you come up against horrible smells. I had months when I thought I had a metallic taste in my mouth but now it's a very different taste that I have every time I eat. Sure it's metallic but not what I thought I had when I was trying.
I'm not trying to be negative but to save you going through the frustration I went through. If you try to forget about getting pregnant it will happen.
This is what happened to me.
Good luck. It will happen soon. S

I agree.... i went throu every symptom in the book... well i thought i was going through every symptom.. but it wasn't until i actually got my BFP that i got real symptoms...

Not saying those pre pregnancy symptoms didn't feel real... because at the time I really "felt sick in the mornings, my smell was stronger and my boobs did hurt"...

Good luck with the trying and hope those symptoms get much stonger....

x

Sorry if anyone thought what I said was harsh. It wasn't intended and Hayley is very right. The symptoms we get are real because our bodies are changing and maybe sometimes something did happen but our body rejected it which is why our periods arrive.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for everyone. I thought I'd never get pregnant and found it difficult. Good luck,
S

I would just like to ditto what both s and hayley have said. I was ttc for 14 months and every month would get the 'imaginary' symptoms and talk myself into believing that I was going to get my BFP. It was only when I relaxed and stopped obsessing over getting pg that I fell and started to experience the 'real' symptoms.

I know that it is so hard to do, but try not to become obsessed like I did, when you relax and don't think too hard about it it really does happen.

Good luck everyone ttc .......

Xxx

Just wanted to say... i agree with lindsey - relaxing and not stresssing about trying really works.. BUT i wanted to add I totally understand reading this when your trying can sound like nonsense... i used to read posts about women saying relax and it will happen - and think that must be the stupidest thing anyone has ever said! how can you relax about something that has obsessed your life and mind since day one!!! BUT the month i got my BFP was the month i went to see my GP - had blood tests and started the ball rolling with help outside... i think that was the first month i thought "sod it - if it's not gonna happen naturally then i'm gonna get as much help as possible" i kind of stopped trying and like magic got my BFP that first month... Lindsey has a very similar story...

Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back