Your thoughts on this situation?

Pregnot

Reaction score
well at the end of next week I'm due to go camping at a horse show in Warwickshire - which is 2 hours away from home.

my friend has been helping with my pony for the last few months in return I've been grooming for her at shows the last one did nearly finish me off especially with my back problems however this is our last big one and its over 2 days so will be pretty relaxed.

I've got the option of camping in a tent or sleeping in a friends horse box which is fine to be honest but my oh doesn't want me to go he says its far away and with my recent back problems I have physio 3 times a week its probobaly not a good idea to camp or sleep in a horse box.
He actually said I would pay you not to go!

Now I really want to go especially as our other friends have let her down so shel be going on her own but I am mindful of how I'm feeling at the minute and don't want to ruin her weekend if I'm going to be in pain and crying especially If this heat continues

so - il be 32 weeks , heat intolerant with a bad back
but it's my last one, nice to get away celebrate starting leave and I don't want to leave my friend on her own (she has other mates but I'm the only one going)
I feel it's my last little adventure before baby comes

pregnancy wise there's no danger of early labour is there?

Shall I go? At the risk of really upsetting my oh I don't know what to do

If its over two days, is that just 1 night? or 2?

I think 1 night would be ok tbh.. but its all personal. If you think you would liek to go and would enjoy it... then do it :) Not gunna have time when bubs is here to do things like that etc

Don't let your hubby wrap you in cotton wool though... 32 weeks is still 8 weeks off due date xxx

GO!!!!!

You friend has worked hard for this and you want to be there. just make sure you take something comfortable to sleep on. You will have a great time - one last blast before the baby comes.

I know OH can be difficult when it comes to the horsey things - mine is happy for me to graft doing the housework etc but to go and play with my horse its a totally different story.

I went grooming for a friend on my horse yesterday at a ODE and looked after her 2.5yr old son. We had a fab time just left early so we were not rushing - granted we were not staying away overnight! but OH doesnt even want me driving the lorry eventhough i find the seating position more comfortable than my car - men!!

Do what you think is right but i would go.

Because you want to go then I'd say go, you know your own limits and like you say it's the last one so you'll have plenty of time rest when it's done. Is there no option of staying in a hotel nearby maybe to make it more comfortable for you?
I'm sure your oh will come round when he sees how much you want to go xx

If you're oh would pay for you not to go, would he pay for a travel lodge nearby instead maybe? If its a luxury horse box it'll be comfy but if its an older one it's not going to be that pleasant to sleep in. I think it'll be a lovely weekend, I love going to shows, the atmosphere, you can relax in a deck chair & enjoy the views & the food.....but I'd want a good nights sleep & a shower at the end of the day x

I'd say go as soon baby will arrive and you wont have the time to do it! Make sure you are sleeping somewhere comfortable though. Maybe take some extra pillows. If there was a nearby travel lodge that would be ideal as sleeping somewhere uncomfortable could really do some damage on your back if you're already struggling.

I would say go if you want to, but be sure that you want to and that you can cope with it before you make that decision. Only really you can say how bad your back is and if you can manage. I love camping but wouldn't have considered it towards the end purely because I'm up so many times in the night for a wee!

No-one can say to you that your baby won't come early, it is impossible to know, but it is unlikely.

The weather forecast shows the hot weather is set to continue well in to the weekend!

I would go as well, but agree with the other girls, make sure you have somewhere comfy to sleep - old lorries are not comfy at all! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back