Your thoughts on age gaps please?

I have a 12, 9 and 7 yr old my partner has a 4 and 2 yr old he has full custody of then there is this one on the way xx safe to say our house will be a mad house
My 9 and 7 yr old also have disabilities too
Luckily we have good routine and will fit baby straight into the routine
My partner is great too he is so supportive xxx

I've just found out I'm pregnant with my 3rd baby, when this one comes along dd1 will have just turned 4 dd2 just turned 2 and then a newborn!! Hopefully I will cope, but 2 yrs between them all is good for me xx

Thanks for this ladies, really helpful reading everyone's replies! I think I'm going more towards wanting a smaller age gap next time, I really do feel the baby and toddler years are so hard I would rather get it all done in one go ha, then when the kids are older we can enjoy doing activities as a family like going on bike rides or to theme parks etc, which all the kids will be old enough to enjoy, rather than having 2 older ones and a much younger child who can't join in. It sounds from people's replies like a 18 month gap is hard work but worth it.

I've not actually spoke to hubby about this lol, suppose I had better get his input too! But that's definitely my thinking at the moment xxx

I'm 20wks with my second, the age gap will be 2yrs and 3months. I can't comment how easy/hard it will be yet but I'm looking forward to it :)
I'm sure there will be the best times and also times where I wanna rock in a corner lol xx

I have crazy age gaps lol I have 5 boys aged 21, 19, 15, 3 and 10 weeks old :D

I have four daughters and am expecting my fifth baby. My daughters are 18, 15, 10 and five. I'm my experience, if you are only planning on having two children, having them two years or so apart works well - or it did for us. With them both being girls too - there is research to suggest this is the easiest combination to have! Three is a different story! I've often heard it said that three is a tricky number - I have to agree! It was always two against one despite the five year gap between numbers two and three. We then had another five year gap and it's worked really well. I've had one on one time with the babes while my elder girls were at school and they were old enough to help out a little, or at least understand a bit better.
Again we have another five year gap this time and so far, the girls have been excited and helpful. Watch this (big) space! X x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back