Your pregnancy and mine!

*Hope*

Reaction score
Hi girls!

Just wanted to speak about my pregnancy and see what everyone elses is like :) because im obsessed with this pregnancy hehe, cant stop thinking about it and only want to talk about iit!!

I have gone off chocolate quite a bit!?!! (used to be obsessed) always hungry, always thirsty, v v sore boobs, crying easily and wee'ing contantly :dance:

I dont feel sick ever really and barely feel tired even though i work full time as a rider and groom (horses).

Would love to hear wat you are all feeling and not feeling? :D xx

Aw congrats hun :) You're doing well to keep going with the horses! I had to give up when I got to second tri with my little girl.

Glad to hear u are feeling so good xx

Thanks, well as its my job and i have not told my bosses yet (want to make sure it will all be ok after first tri first) i dont have much choice. but because i am not too tired is ok! I have my own horse too thoguh so not sure what i will do with him when i am a bit further on!! did you work with horses too then>? :)

Just wanted to say Congratulations and Welcome to Pregnancy Forum :wave:

I had my own horse too.

I actually had a very bad riding accident when I was 18 weeks pregnant, and broke my back. So my boy went on full livery, then when I realised my recovery was going to be a long process, I ended up selling him. I've been on horses a couple of times since, but I've lost a lot of confidence and I'm not sure where to go from here.

Good luck telling your bosses :)

I had my own horse too.

I actually had a very bad riding accident when I was 18 weeks pregnant, and broke my back. So my boy went on full livery, then when I realised my recovery was going to be a long process, I ended up selling him. I've been on horses a couple of times since, but I've lost a lot of confidence and I'm not sure where to go from here.

Good luck telling your bosses :)

OMG i am so sorry, that must have been awful!! what happened if you dont mind talking about it? my horse is a lively tb but doesnt ever want to get me off (fingers crossed touch wood) so i am hoping to still hack and lunge him quite far in.

atm i am riding and leading still on road rides mostly, and lots of lunging for their canter work.

Thanku!!

xx

My boy was lovely, and would never have hurt me but I got on a friends horse. A 3 year old. Had just been schooled, and was all sweaty and blowing and I asked if I could have a walk around the outdoor. Got half way round and she spooked. Reared up vertical and I tried to pull her head down. So she went down, then went to go up again. So I decided to bail. I kicked my stirrups off, but mistimed it as I fell backwards. She bronced, and double barreled me on my bump with both (shod) hind feet.

The force of the kick broke my back and when I was lying on the ground I realised I couldn't feel my legs. Ambulance whisked me off to hospital where I had lots of x-rays (couldn't have an MRI due to being PG). Scans showed my baby was fine. Back was broken, but they had to wait to see if I'd paralysed myself, or if I had 'spinal shock' and feeling in my legs would come back. Was moved to High Dependency, then onto a ward. I started losing blood, which they thought was me miscarrying but I had minor internal bleeding from different places.

I moved my legs for the first time a few days later, but it took awhile for me to be able to sit up, then stand up and then walk. I broke my back, compressed my spine, tore most of the muscles in my back and neck and had minor internal bleeds.

But I've recovered 100% fine now. I'm incredibly lucky! Can't believe I had an accident at a walk though. Labour was a breeze compared to how much pain I was in with that accident. At least I knew I could cope with labour :lol:

Oh, and I am a total sucker for TBs ;) I had my eye on a 16hh grey one recently, but I don't think I'm ready yet.

Ah wow, so glad you are recovered from your accident, what a worry for anyone let alone when you're pregnant. Glad the little one wasnt hurt :)

Hope - I am experiencing exactly the same as you...its so wierd!! I too have totally gone off chocolate, which is very unusual for me! Really thirsty all the time, Ive never heard anyone else mention that so I'm glad you did. My boobs are really sore but only had one moment where I felt sick but nothing actually happened. I haven't been crying too much but I woke up in a foul mood yesterday, when I look back I think I was looking for a fight...my poor OH. He's so patient, thankfully! How far along are you? Im still very early on so im not being too smug about my lack of morning sickness - plenty of time for that to kick in!!

I cant talk about anything else either, I think Im boring everyone! lol

with my first pregnancy I went of sweet stuff completely...i have usually ordered desert before looking at the mains :lol:

wow i am so so pleased you and your baby were ok, what a miracle.

hehe mine is a 16hh chesnut, he was a clueless baby when i got him so we have quite
a good bond xx

yay another chocolate hater for now!! i used to need it everyday but now, never?!! haha. we think im around 8 weeks but my periods are v irregular so not at all sre till tomorrows scan!!! :) xx

at the minute I love sweet stuff so we shall see this time :)

i have never in my life not loved chocolate hehe. during my last pregnancy (the mmc) i hated tea (to drink or smell) and any dinners in the evening made me feel sick. this is one hundred precent different, i find that so odd haha.

i am loving no tiredness and sickness but so glad of the sore boobs as thats a reassrance its all going ahead! x

The only time I'm interesting in sweet things is when I'm pregnant or breastfeeding! I thought it might be something to do with girls but I'm the same this time and I'm haing a boy....

The only time I'm interesting in sweet things is when I'm pregnant or breastfeeding! I thought it might be something to do with girls but I'm the same this time and I'm haing a boy....

haha . btw your avatar scan pic is amazing, how far gone are you there?? x

I am the proverbial teapot... am dreading if that one happens again in the next few weeks... work'll definately twig what's going on...
The not standing tea was the only symptom that didn't go with the mc, took me 3 weeks to be able to manage half a cup... work are suspicious that I'm not drinking coffee... and I never drink the stuff :lol:
Also went off fish, pork, beef, anything with a hint of milk anywhere near, fruit and herbal teas (lived on hot water as replacement for the tea habit... I so missed the routine :().... sure there were more... oh... crisps apart from quavers and cheese and onion pompoms (which bizarrely took the sicknees off....)....

haha . btw your avatar scan pic is amazing, how far gone are you there?? x

That was my 20 wk scan so I was 20+5 that day. I've got another scan on sunday to check he's still a he.....I bet he doesnt fit so nicely on the screen now! :lol:

Isn't it strange how it is affecting us differently. I'm the same, total chocoholic, I was even offered some by my OH who was eating it undermy nose and I just really didn't want it! Its so wierd, I thought I had a commited long term loving relationship with chocolate! I've also noticed my skin and hair going really dry. Im usually quite greasy and wash my hair daily without conditioner (if I use conditioner its usually greasy again within 10 hours). I had to go shopping this weekend for moisturising body wash, body butter, and conditioner, and lip salve. These products would never have gone anywhere near me a month ago as I wouldve been so oily I wouldve broken out in spots and have greasy hair! Its so strange that its changed so much, Im thirsty all the time and its like im drying out! where is all this water going?!

Hi thankyou!

Had the scan - I am only 5 weeks!!! couldve cried when she told me that!

although everything seems to be in the right place and all ok thank god. just gonna be a traumatic 7 weeks!

they are giving me another scan in 3 weeks time to check for a heartbeat, scary 3 weeks now for me xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back