Your own pulse

Shootingstar11

Reaction score
Anyone else finding that their pulse is a lot higher at the moment?

Normally I am around 60-70 beats per minute, but priced today that I am around 102!!

Yeah same. I can feel my heart racing and walking anywhere lifts it even more and I can feel my heart beating so hard and fast that I think it's a panic attack but it's not

It's awful isn't it?! I am prone to panic attacks and therefore when I feel anxious I can get heart palpitations which causes me to check my pulse to check I'm ok.
Obviously at the moment it's higher, which I think makes me a little anxious. Though I know I need to remember that I've got extra blood now to beat around. Also, apparently, your blood pressure drops back down half way through the pregnancy.x

Yes, me! I went to gp and he said mine was raised too. Think it was around 105. I think it's to do with hormones as well as blood flow as I have been suffering terribly with migraine auras caused by hormones x

Oh snap! I have had at least two migraines. The first was with an aura- it was a big one too which was scary as the visual disturbance for me isn't usually so large! The second one started a week ago and I kept in thinking I could see a tiny blue light out if the corner of my eye when I blinked, then wham, headache!x

Oh snap! I have had at least two migraines. The first was with an aura- it was a big one too which was scary as the visual disturbance for me isn't usually so large! The second one started a week ago and I kept in thinking I could see a tiny blue light out if the corner of my eye when I blinked, then wham, headache!x

Ah, that could be the reason then! Sounds like your hormones have gone crazy. This is my third baby and every time at 27weeks, I've had 3 or 4 auras a day for weeks. Hope yours won't be so horrible x

I have perfect blood pressure normally but pregnancy seems to make mine dip a lot so I end up having dizzy spells and fainting a lot. I'm the exact same with panic attacks and palpitations and it's horrible feeling like it's almost constant at the minute. As soon as my heart starts to race a bit I end up gasping for breath. My ex used to think I was over reacting when I was pregnant. My OH is really patient with me now though even though he don't understand which is great :)

Oh def hormone related. I first got migraines because of the pill. Funnily enough my panic attacks started around the same time. From then on whenever I ovulate I see my anxiety peak. Sure enough after I had my daughter the drop in hormones caused anxiety. Tis one of the reasons I don't take synthetic hormones anymore- just don't work for me.

Pulse has dropped now to more like 78 so slightly relived. Might be that the cup of tea I had raised it or I have been overheated!

Fingers crossed that all our migraines and anxiety stay calm. If not for us but for our OH sake! Haha mad women on the loose!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back