Your opinions appreciated! Booby video lol

tambo1976

Reaction score
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xn6tT1HD4&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I just tried to upload this video, I hope it works lol

I need your opinions please! Does this look right? I'm worried because he is making so many noises and breathing really fast. It does feel like he's latched, I can feel the sucking sensation. I also used Nipple shields and he latches in seconds.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1369486173374.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1369486173374.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 49
  • uploadfromtaptalk1369486240204.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1369486240204.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
It looks right to me hun you can see him swallowing and his latch looks good. My midwife told me that they wouldn't put in the effort if they weren't getting anything.

His breathing sounds normal its hard work when they are so tiny lol

Fantastic! I was worried because he seemed to be puffing and panting. I didn't think he should be making so much noise either x

Tapatalking so can't see sigs or click thanks!

Fantastic! I was worried because he seemed to be puffing and panting. I didn't think he should be making so much noise either x

A doctor once told me that feeding for a baby is like going for a run for us

Yeah it's shocking how much effort it seems to take him but finally I'm confident we'll crack it now :)

Wow! We really have made progress today! He's just latched again for over 25 minutes and drank his little socks off :love: for the first time in weeks my left boob feels empty and soft, next time he can go on the right one!

I'm so glad I kept trying and carried on pumping. I'm so happy right now :)

The only thing I need to tackle now is getting the Nipple shield to stick to the skin around my Nipple, it seems to roll over onto Scotts face, any ideas how to stop that from happening? X

Wow! We really have made progress today! He's just latched again for over 25 minutes and drank his little socks off :love: for the first time in weeks my left boob feels empty and soft, next time he can go on the right one!

I'm so glad I kept trying and carried on pumping. I'm so happy right now :)

The only thing I need to tackle now is getting the Nipple shield to stick to the skin around my Nipple, it seems to roll over onto Scotts face, any ideas how to stop that from happening? X

Lick it first? (sorry if thats disgusting :lol: )

I was gonna say wet it a little first so I guess licking it would be a way of doing that lol. I'm so pleased you seem to have cracked it Hun. Well done x

I have licked it :sick: lol but after a few minutes it just rolls back again grrr :(

Looks brill Hun. This video has made me soooo jealous that I'm not bfing anymore. Nipple shields are a painI had to use them all the way through till 6 months. As he gets bigger they will stay on much easier. Is he latching without nipple shields sometimes?xx

Looks brill Hun. This video has made me soooo jealous that I'm not bfing anymore. Nipple shields are a painI had to use them all the way through till 6 months. As he gets bigger they will stay on much easier. Is he latching without nipple shields sometimes?xx

No he never latches without shields sadly but I'm trying to see it as one step at a time. For now I'm just happy he can latch. He has now managed 24 hours being breastfed, no pumping at all so I'm pretty chuffed atm! X

Woohoo well done! It's great when you don't have to express. This is why nipple shields saved my life. Has he been checked for tongue tie?x

No he hasn't been checked for tongue tie, who would I ask?

Had a terrible night with him, he just wouldn't latch and sobbed his heart out so he ended up having 2 bottles. Really upset because we were doing so well. I ended up pumping because he wouldn't latch and I got 8oz! the most I've ever pumped in one go. Oh well still gonna keep trying x

Oh my goodness this video just made my heart skip a beat lovey, it made me think of the first few weeks. He looks like he is doing a fantastic job. Awe even though I'm still bf it makes me jealous that Scott is so tiny. Cherish every minute of the bf journey. It's over too quickly. Xxx

Ask your gp Hun although you could see it yourself. If the bit the attaches the tongue t he mouth is rly far forward this is tongue tie. Type it into google and it will show you examples. This is a main cause for babies nt being able to latch. Don't be disheartened by last night. We had days like this when Harry would get himself in so much of a state he couldn't feed.its from being too hungry. I used to squeeze some milk out using my hand into the nipple shield to get the flow started so he didn't get frustrated. They don't lie waitin for the letdown and mine used t take forever. Try that next time. You're doing brill xxxx

I had a really good look and he hasn't got tongue tie. It looks fine to me and he can stick his tongue out completely.

It's been hit and miss the last couple of days, in total he has been fed from a bottle twice, which is a major improvement. He has been latching better, sometimes after a crazy screaming fit but I'm learning to take a deep breath and accept he's a lazy sausage who doesn't want to work for his milk lol.

This morning he refused to drink out of my right breast all night so I had to pump because it was so uncomfortable and guess how much I got from 1 boob????....

10oz!!! :shock: no wonder I was in bloody pain!

I also got some medela shields yesterday and they are far better than the mothercare ones! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back