Your MW with your 2nd pregnancy

Discussion in 'Ask a Mum!' started by Redshoes, Jan 12, 2008.

1. Redshoes

Redshoes Well-Known Member

In general, for those who've had more than one baby, was your MW any different with you the second time round?

I'm asking because I have mixed emotions about my MW, I think it's going to be the same as I had with Isaac, and she was so negative with me, might have to change her if she's the same second time round :think:

2. paiges_mummy

paiges_mummy Well-Known Member

I saw different midwifes each time when pregnant with Paige, same goes for this little one aswell
    doctor told me I will never see the same midwife.. :shakehead:

3. mrs_tommo22

mrs_tommo22 Well-Known Member

I had a different one too!

If your not happy though Amy you have every right to make a fuss and make sure you see a different one - thi woman has to make sure your baby is ok and touch you and be very personal, i wouldnt want someone i dislike doing all of that!

4. kellie80

kellie80 Well-Known Member

My MW was a lot more relaxed with me on my 2nd and 3rd pregnancy. Unless your high risk I think you will find you will get seen a lot less this time. With Nathan I was pretty much left to get on with it and I only seen my MW 3 times in the whole pregnancy.

5. Babylicious

Babylicious Well-Known Member

mines different athis time round as last time it was 8 years ago, tbh both are cows :rotfl:

6. Squiglet

Squiglet Well-Known Member

I had Tia in the UK and I'm having this one in Spain... so I've had different docs/consultants/mw's the lot...

The one running theme though that I have noticed... is that the minute they hear that this is your second child they back down a lot more... they don't tell you what to do as much or give you the "advice" that you were given before.
    And they are a lot more relaxed about things but will take you much more seriously when you have a problem.

I think it's been much nicer this time round tbh... :)

7. Xena

Xena Well-Known Member

I had different ones - both were lovely though.

8. Redshoes

Thankyou for the replies :hug:

I didn't care for much of what she said the first time around, and she didn't listen to me about my choices, I am not high risk either, high BMI but had a perfectly healthy pregnancy with Isaac. I found her appointments very frustrating, and I felt unable to challenge a lot of it having not had a child, even though I still challenged :lol:

I don't know if our surgery has another MW so the idea of changing may be a bit of a nightmare, so I'm hoping I don't have to. Ah well, I'm prepared to see how it goes :)

9. Strangeness

Strangeness Well-Known Member

I have a different mw this time and she is lovely, my last one was as well but I am changing again soon because I will be changing doctor's when we move which I am gutted about. They are very relaxed about my pregnancy this time though. I am having consultant led care as I had a c section but I don't see mw very much and only see the consultant twice! My mw is very for me having a natural this time though which made me feel a lot better! I hope your mw is either different or better with you this time hun, some can be a pain but most are lovely!

10. kellysomer

kellysomer Well-Known Member

Wow do you have the same midwife that you had first time round? I should be so lucky.

I have a different one this time and she is evil, the one i had first time round was so lovely.

11. Redshoes

I don't know who I'll have kellysomer, the MW I did like unfortunately left whilst I was pregnant with Isaac, I then got one a bit errrrrrm, well not to keen on her, still, will wait and see, sorry you don't like yours, will you change? :hug: