Your MW with your 2nd pregnancy

Redshoes

Reaction score
In general, for those who've had more than one baby, was your MW any different with you the second time round?

I'm asking because I have mixed emotions about my MW, I think it's going to be the same as I had with Isaac, and she was so negative with me, might have to change her if she's the same second time round :think:

I saw different midwifes each time when pregnant with Paige, same goes for this little one aswell
doctor told me I will never see the same midwife.. :shakehead:

I had a different one too!

If your not happy though Amy you have every right to make a fuss and make sure you see a different one - thi woman has to make sure your baby is ok and touch you and be very personal, i wouldnt want someone i dislike doing all of that!

My MW was a lot more relaxed with me on my 2nd and 3rd pregnancy. Unless your high risk I think you will find you will get seen a lot less this time. With Nathan I was pretty much left to get on with it and I only seen my MW 3 times in the whole pregnancy.

mines different athis time round as last time it was 8 years ago, tbh both are cows :rotfl:

I had Tia in the UK and I'm having this one in Spain... so I've had different docs/consultants/mw's the lot...

The one running theme though that I have noticed... is that the minute they hear that this is your second child they back down a lot more... they don't tell you what to do as much or give you the "advice" that you were given before.
And they are a lot more relaxed about things but will take you much more seriously when you have a problem.

I think it's been much nicer this time round tbh... :)

I had different ones - both were lovely though.

Thankyou for the replies :hug:

I didn't care for much of what she said the first time around, and she didn't listen to me about my choices, I am not high risk either, high BMI but had a perfectly healthy pregnancy with Isaac. I found her appointments very frustrating, and I felt unable to challenge a lot of it having not had a child, even though I still challenged :lol:

I don't know if our surgery has another MW so the idea of changing may be a bit of a nightmare, so I'm hoping I don't have to. Ah well, I'm prepared to see how it goes :)

I have a different mw this time and she is lovely, my last one was as well but I am changing again soon because I will be changing doctor's when we move which I am gutted about. They are very relaxed about my pregnancy this time though. I am having consultant led care as I had a c section but I don't see mw very much and only see the consultant twice! My mw is very for me having a natural this time though which made me feel a lot better! I hope your mw is either different or better with you this time hun, some can be a pain but most are lovely!

Wow do you have the same midwife that you had first time round? I should be so lucky.

I have a different one this time and she is evil, the one i had first time round was so lovely.

I don't know who I'll have kellysomer, the MW I did like unfortunately left whilst I was pregnant with Isaac, I then got one a bit errrrrrm, well not to keen on her, still, will wait and see, sorry you don't like yours, will you change? :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back