Your mum and you!

shootingstar22

Reaction score
Have you spoken to your mum about pregnancy symptoms?

I was worrie that I didn't have enough symptoms, and my mum said not to worry because she didn't have many symptoms when she was preggers with me.

What pregnancy symptoms we share is: anemia andtravel sickness

just interested to see if anyone follows in their mums footsteps?x

My mum wasn't too bad at the beginning with me or my sis, so I'm worse than her at this stage. She was really ill with my older siste. Near the end, so hope I don't follow her that way!

My mum was the first person I told and it's been so great to be able to talk to her about things.

My mum apparently didnt have any symptoms with me or my brother, whereas I have the worst morning sickness going at the moment! my partners mum didnt have any either, guess im unlucky! I told my mum first too, and shes been amazing x

All I know is my mum had really bad morning sickness with me and all she drank was coke to keep the sicky taste away, lol. I dont often like to drink coke or fizzy drinks, I wonder if that is the reason!

my mum had morning sickness, sore bobs chronic backache as she carried me in her back....i have no symptoms at all which is worrying cos i thought u got the lot when you became pregnant.
in sayin that i felt nausiated this morning and for the first time threw away my breakfast...jus the smell put me off (rip weetabix)

My mum had a bit of nausea but never threw up much with any of her pregnancies, and I'm exactly the same. I know she had backache with me, and she fainted once or twice with my brother. Luckily, I haven't experienced either of those yet, although I always got backache at that time of the month, so I'll probably get it later on.

She loved being pregnant though. I can tell I'll feel the same once I get over my grumpiness - the heat is driving me mad at the moment.

No, I was sick bad with other three, but not this time it's been really good - touh wood

Well my Mum sounded like she had a terrible time with that super bad sickness and couldn't keep even any food and water down right the way through to 40 weeks. She had iron injections every week and lost so much weigh, she was 7.5 stone when she had us! They now think that us 3 babys stole all the calcuim from her bones suring this time, so do take your pregnancy vitamins girls and try to keep up your dairy in your diet, as she is only 61 now and has servere osteoperosis , and it was only discovered 3 years ago , when she pushed for a bone denstiy test earlier as it can be more common in ladies with fbromyalgia (which she also has), and they said if she had gone undiagnosed , her back would have prob broken within the next year or so! Gave her and us a shock I can tell you- she is doing well now and takes lots of stuff to prevent it getting any worse, but can't put back the calcium and bone denstity she has lost!

Last edited:
My mum had a terrible time with me she caught legionaires desease in hospital and was very ill when she had me. I was taken to another hospital for weeks before she saw me and I was put on antibiotics straight away. Her pregnancy with my brother consisted of being sick for the full 9 months so she was quite unlucky. She is my best friend and I can talk to her about anything she is amazing xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back