Your experience of induction....

newbie1984

Reaction score
Hi all

I am 40+9 and due to go in for induction tomorrow with my first baby.

I have now had 3 sweeps, the first did nothing, the second was more successful and since then I have been losing a lot of plug, and I had a 3rd today in a last minute bid to beat induction!

Anyway, I know everybody reacts to drugs differently so no experiences will be the same but I am wondering for anybody who was induced how was it for you? How long did it take from the first pessary? How many did you have to have? Did you have to have the iv etc? How long were you in after labour?

My midwife seems to think ill have him on Saturday, but although my cervix is very soft they say it's still long, my baby isn't engaged and I'm not at all dilated. Guess we will find out tomorrow!

I only had the pitocin drip, not the pessary but this was my best labour yet :)
Nothing to be scared about, I'd do it all again any day x

I had 1 pessary and 3 hours later was in labour - however I didn't progress very well and ended up in section but don't let that put you off my babs head was in the wrong position and was trying to come out in between the top and her ear lol! My friend was induced and it worked pretty quickly and she had a great birth experience. My sister in law was induced and it took 1 week to work!! With daily pessarys and sweeps. In the end she had a forceps delivery. My other friend that was induced had pessary mid day felt like nothing was working so they told her bf to go home and would give her another at 10pm he left 5 mins and she rang him back and baby was born 20mins later from first contraction lol!

Wow! That's my worry, the hospital is about a half hour drive, an hour in rush hour so I don't want him to get sent away and not make it back!

Mixed with the fact I really don't want to go to this hospital but it's the only one that induces as the others are midwife led. I just called them up to see if I call them in the morning or they call me and they couldn't have been more put out by my question! This should make for an interesting experience!

I've had two inductions. First one was with the drip as my waters had already gone, it was ok need an epidural as I couldn't cope. My second was by pessary, contractions started as soon as they closed the curtain after inserting pessary lmao labour 2h49m. I don't know what a 'normal' labour feels like but I have absolutely no complaints! The pessary one was by far the best and I'd do it again! C

Wow! That's my worry, the hospital is about a half hour drive, an hour in rush hour so I don't want him to get sent away and not make it back!

Mixed with the fact I really don't want to go to this hospital but it's the only one that induces as the others are midwife led. I just called them up to see if I call them in the morning or they call me and they couldn't have been more put out by my question! This should make for an interesting experience!

I wouldn't worry too much about your other half not being there. My friend was having her 6th child and all her others had been premature. Normally induction is a very long process and they will check your progress before visiting hours end when your past 3-4 cm you get moved to labour ward in a privet room and your other half can stay as long as he likes then :)

I had two sweeps prior to induction. I had been 2cm dilated all that time with babys pressure. Therefore i didn't need any gel or pessary. They broke my waters and started the drip at 9:40. First contraction was at 11:40 and cam popped out at 5:24. Gas and air only. Nice, quick and straightforward Xx

Sent from my shit hot phone! Fo shizzle home girls.

I was induced at 39+5 due to high blood pressure and I went in on the Monday morning, had 2 pessaries, my waters were broken then I had the drip as I wasn't contracting naturally. I had an epidural at that point and although it ended in ventouse delivery as his shoulders were stuck I wouldn't change it atall, I enjoyed the fact that it all happened in hospital rather than coping with the pain at home! I didn't call my OH until the Tuesday afternoon and our baby was born wed morning. I think he would have been bored throughout the induction as it can be slow, although you are overdue so it may well happen a lot quicker than it did for me- good luck it's amazing and 5 months on I can't wait to do it again! X

I was induced at 38 weeks due to gestational diabetes. I had a sweep 2 says before and was 2cm dilated when I went in I was still 2mcm. They managed to break my waters and then I was put on a hormone drip at around 12pm. It was fine until the evening when I had to have an epidural. I was officially in labour 12 hours and when I got to pushing stage I was too tired and sge was stuck as well in a back to back position. I had forceps delivery with episiotomy.
I would advise plenty of rest before as I was falling asleep during contractiona at the pushing stage. It could take a while

You'll be able to update this thread soon yourself hun!!

I wasn't induced but I did need to be helped along @ 6cm as I simply wasn't progressing.

It was horrible. I'd already been in slow labour for 36 hours at home so I was tired, dehydrated and starving. It took 14 hours from me being admitted until I had James - I was 5cm when I went in?

On the upside I pushed him out without any intervention and I didn't tear or graze.

I was in hospital for 36 hours as I had him at 1am and they wanted to observe him for 24 hours as it was such a long labour.

xxxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back