Your baby's gender

evie_smith

Reaction score
Will you stay team yellow or do you want to know?

With my first 2 I wanted to know with my third I 100% wanted and stayed team yellow it was lovely!! I even remember my mil saying to the scanning lady tell me after you have scanned her I won't tell her and the mw said no I won't she doesn't want you to know! I was like aha!! But it was nice having a surprise and announcing a girl :)

But now I'm carrying twins if all goes well I'm not sure I wanted team yellow but its hard 2 surprises!!!! Eek!!

Are you staying team yellow or finding out?

I wanted to find out as did my oh, but baby had other ideas and kept its feet firmly covering his/her bits so we are forced to be team yellow by the little monkey!!!!
Kinda hoping I will get another scan and may find out!!!! X

It is so exciting being team yellow! This is my first and while I was against not knowing i am so pleased we don't know as its made meeting this baby such an exciting journey! I honestly would say stay team yellow, knowing only means you get to choose different clothes colours and paint on walls :) with twins it would be double the excitement x

I was firm from the start that I wanted to know.
People were all like, "but if you know, then you won't have anything to push for"... Uhm, how about meeting my new baby? I kinda think that's reason enough to push, no?

Mostly, I just didn't want to be saying "it" all the time, and I didn't like the idea of generic he/she... What if I was saying "he" all the time, and it was a girl?
So, when I went for my scan, I asked straight away if the consultant could tell (17 weeks) and she said "well, I'll confirm it at your next scan (minor complications), but there's the umbilical cord, and there's his willy". So I reckon it's a boy. Since confirmed by a second sonographer. As I understand it, it's harder to tell if it's a girl, as it could just be hiding bits and pieces. If they say its a boy, they're usually right, so not overly worried about mistakes.

Yes, it has made shopping a little easier, as there's only so much white and yellow you can take, but as I said, I just mainly wanted to know for he/she referral purposes. X

i really want to know mostly due to hating calling the baby it too, but hubby doesnt want to know so im stuck with team neutral. to get around the color thing im going with winnie the pooh in the nursery so i have lots of colors to add in and some of the clothes i have seen are nicely colored with orange and yellows and purple and blues and pinks from the characters. but i know at all the scans im going to be searching for any signs of gender.

I was team yellow with my first first and loved the surprise so have stayed team yellow this time too (although I found it more difficult this time!).
But with twins I think staying team yellow is much harder? Not only for curiosity but for practical reasons like what to buy. You have so much more to plan for that I think it may useful to know?
I will admire your strength and determination if you stay team yellow hun, I think I'd cave :lol:

I wanted to find out as soon as possible so that I knew what to call her! I used to keep saying 'he' and everyone would go ooh is it a boy then, it did my head in! I'm also just very, very impatient and not great at waiting for surprises so I was always going to find out really!
It has been nice knowing, mostly because we couldn't think of boys names so didn't have to try anymore! Also getting cute girly clothes has been a nice way to keep me going over the months :)

Good luck if you want to stay team yellow, I definitely couldn't manage it with twins I think I like to be organised too much! :)

Last edited:
I stayed team yellow and I loves it! It was soo exciting and it made waiting for the arrival so much more exciting. The best part was when hubby told me we had a little boy :) x

I will find out again. I cant wait really! I dont like calling the baby "it" either, much prefer knowing if its he or she. And i dont like surprises

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

I never knew what any of my 3 childrens gender was, such an amazing suprise! however I might just ask this ones at my scan as I have 2 boys and a girl and my partner has a boy and a girl too so we are completely grateful to just get a healthy baby no matter what sex it is :D

However given the choice I would prefer another boy, just down to experience lol x

We wanted to know what we were having but our little one wouldnt reveal anything lol. I'm glad we don't know as it makes the birth so much more exciting. Hoping to find out in 4 days but mw will let me go another 12 over due before inducing me do may have to wait even longer to find out- damn!!!! I'm dying to know xxx

We was staying team yellow until I had a prem labour scare. We was then told to prepare for the worst so we did including finding out gender. Thankfully everything settled down but we still went ahead and had gender comfirmed at a 4d scan just incase :)

Now I know baby is a girl and such a strong fighter her middle name is taken from my grandmas middle name who has survived 11 major strokes and keeps on fighting :)

Feels much better saying Katie Ellen than it's and sprog and thing :D

We're team yellow by choice - I never wanted to find out but OH would have had I wanted to.

However if there was more than one - for practical and financial reasons - I would have found out gender/s.

xxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
I stayed team yellow with Alice- i never said it i called my bump 'the baby' so i have never understood that reason much lol. It was very nice not knowing everyone got very excited, however this time we are finding out just because of the close age we want to know if we should save all her stuff or sell it! x

Will you stay team yellow or do you want to know?

With my first 2 I wanted to know with my third I 100% wanted and stayed team yellow it was lovely!! I even remember my mil saying to the scanning lady tell me after you have scanned her I won't tell her and the mw said no I won't she doesn't want you to know! I was like aha!! But it was nice having a surprise and announcing a girl :)

But now I'm carrying twins if all goes well I'm not sure I wanted team yellow but its hard 2 surprises!!!! Eek!!

Are you staying team yellow or finding out?

Evie! You're back here too!! Congrats!!

With Sophia I totally didn't want to know at all, but as hubby did the deal was we'd find out with our second, which I was fine with. And it's another girl :dance: Really like that it's been different each time. Pretty much everything about the two pregnancies have been different. Hoping the 4 day labour is not repeated either!!

I could never stay team yellow & found out with
all 3 of my kids! Means I can name baby early instead if referring to 'it' or 'baby'
I can buy clothes and decorate nursery so it's all ready.
It doesn't ruin anything as I'm sooo excited to see
what my baby looks like and how similar it looks to my 2 girls!
100% pleased that I found out- no regrets at all. :-D xx

I think after thinking about it I'm staying team yellow. After all I'm due in the summer so the bigger size clothes I will need 3-6 months ext won't be out till I have them anyway and when thy are newborn and 0-3 they are normally in sleepsuits. I for like blue/pink bedding and prefure to keep everything neutral in the house. Things like swinging chairs can wait till after they are born and no doubt the pushchair will be black anyway :) plus there is nothing better than a new baby in a white baby grow all fresh and new *heart melts* :) I'm having a cream bath given to me too :) plus I know it sounds mad but having 2 knowing and 1 not it 100% makes the birth more exciting :) I have 2 stand by names - and in this pregnancy I will have 4 stand by names lol! I just say babies when people ask so far so I'm good with that. :) so team yellow if I'm
Strong enough lol!

I NEED to find out what we're having! I am so bad at surprises! OH said we should wait until birth at first but has come round! My thinking is it will be a surprise whenever I find out! :) And also I am not very good with little nicknames for him/her so it will be easier knowing!

I was nevet one for surprises as a child... would snoop for xmas pressies to find out what i got! and still do now!!

im terrible.

no chance in a million yrs could i wait till baby is born! its killing me jyst waiting for 1st scan let alone 2nd yo find out sex.
so so excited xxx

Do you know I didn't know with my first they didn't tell you in those days! in 1999
With my second we had a small house , wanted to know for practical reasons
With my third, the hosp was one that didn't tell you, but then at a 32 week scan they were happy to tell me
With my last , I really wanted to stay team yellow and have that surprise again at the end, but we saw his winkle on the scan !! lovely but yet a shame too..

If I managed to have another - then I would desperately not find out, wish they have not managed to tell gender early...to make poor willpower easier..

Amasing to have two surprises tho Evie....

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back