Your babies feeding habits...

CARNAT22

Reaction score
Thought it might be useful to post babies ages, weight, how much they take and how often (plus any other info) just for comparison???

James is 8 weeks and takes 5oz's every 3 hours in the daytime. At night he can sleep between 5-7 hours.

On average he takes 30oz per day.

I give him a few oz's, change his bum, then finish his feed. I also give him a few oz's of water per day to ease constipation.

He's 10lb 4oz and has been in 25th centile since birth.

xxxxxxx

Cameron is 20 weeks. Last weigh in was 14lb.

He now takes 7 oz evey 3 hours and has a bowl of baby porridge at his 11 feed.

He sleeps eight until eight, give or take.

XX

Rhys is 19 weeks takes 5 7oz bottles a day usually 7am 10am 1 pm 4pm 7pm and sleeps 7:30pm till 7am and has done since he was 5 weeks .....so he has 35ozs a day ....he is on the 91st percentile x

Seb is 23 weeks and takes between 20-25oz a day....he's such a pain in the bum to get milk down. He has never drank much and even now rarely finishes a 7oz bottle.
Getting him weighed tomorrow x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Harry is 25 weeks, he was 20lb 2oz at 21 weeks (also getting him weighed tomorrow) and has 5x7oz in 24 hours. He also has 2 meals a day which consist of fruit and veg combinations. He sleeps 7-7 (most nights!) x

Updated to 21lb 5oz! X

Last edited:
Freya is 14 weeks. She eats 3 hourly during the day. Currently she takes 5 x 5oz bottles (sometimes more sometimes less) and only has the 5th bottle if she gets up during the night. She usually sleeps from 8pm till 4 or 5am and go back down at 5/6am till 9am. But sometimes if she goes down later at 9 or 10pm she will sleep right through till 8am without a feed.

recently though she goes a few days taking 6-7oz per bottle, then a few days of only 4oz per bottle. I keep waiting for her to settle but dont think she is going to.

she was 12lbs 2oz just before New Year and was on 50th centile but dropped down to 25th

I also give her up to 30mls of fennel tea in the mornings after her first bottle.

MJ is 11 weeks old and was 13lbs when weighed last week.

He has 4 8oz feeds a day totalling 32oz every 4 hours. Some times he'll have a wee extra 2 or 3oz feed to keep him going before his bath.

He always goes down at around 8.30pm and will sleep till somewhere around 7 am (we got till 8 this morning!).

He has dropped from the 91st to the 50th centile though, but he is on the 98th for his length so think he'll be tall and thin like his Daddy.

LO is 13 weeks and was 13lb6 last week he has 6x 6oz feeds every 2-3 hours. Sleeps 8pm-7am x2 breast feeds at 7 then bottle from 9am onwards. I'm going to try to increase ounces so he goes for longer stretches? Xx

Aaron is 4 months old - he takes 4 x 7oz bottles of expressed breast milk through the day (and very rarely an extra 4oz during the night)

He sleeps 8-8 usually

He's getting weighed tomorrow

JJ is 10 weeks (not got a recent weight) He has 4-5 6oz bottles a day. He has last bottle around 7pm bath and goes down till about 8am, but wakes for a bottle around 3am. Total 30-36oz a day xx

Tyler is just over 17wks,was weighed yday he's 19lb5.
He has 5x7oz and has a small bowl of baby rice at abt 11ish.xx

Put this in another thread just after some others thoughts on my little girls progress with feeding, thanks ladies.
Megan is 14 weeks 4 days and was weighed Thursday - 12lb 14 oz which may sound ok but she's dropped down from the 50 th centile to 25th as last weigh in 3 wow ago was 12.3. A little worried but hv said not to be, and we'll just keep an eye. It just seems such a small amount in3 weeks! Have just changed from just breast to combi with formula as my milk was not coming through properly. She doesn't always fin a bottle, manages about 5 and then stops, so now tending to let her play and then come back to it and shell take another ounce, does this sound normal with formula fed babies? Sorry for the long post ladies xx

Put this in another thread just after some others thoughts on my little girls progress with feeding, thanks ladies.
Megan is 14 weeks 4 days and was weighed Thursday - 12lb 14 oz which may sound ok but she's dropped down from the 50 th centile to 25th as last weigh in 3 wow ago was 12.3. A little worried but hv said not to be, and we'll just keep an eye. It just seems such a small amount in3 weeks! Have just changed from just breast to combi with formula as my milk was not coming through properly. She doesn't always fin a bottle, manages about 5 and then stops, so now tending to let her play and then come back to it and shell take another ounce, does this sound normal with formula fed babies? Sorry for the long post ladies xx

we were in a similar situation with our LO. She was dropping centiles and she was only eating 550-650mls at 12 weeks. No where near what she should

so we did what you did, give her a bottle and then an hour or so later give her more to finish it. But she ended up just grazing. Like she was always topping herself up if you get what I mean

it was a mistake. She started taking 120mls, then an hour later 50mls, then maybe 2 hours later 90mls and it just got a pain in the ass!!

we broke the cycle by taking her out in her pram (she always falls asleep) when she was wanting fed and just walked her until it had been 3 hours between feeds.

we were just so wanting to get as much into her as possible. But last time we got her weighed we were told not to worry, she was eating fine and was perfectly healthy. Some babies drop centiles now and again for no reason, and will pick up again!

we have been told to only get her weighed once a month now instead of every week or 2 weeks.

Thanks Lynds we'll just go with it then. She's a very healthy contented baby usually so I'll just see what next weigh in brings. Thanks for posting back for me xx

Thanks Lynds we'll just go with it then. She's a very healthy contented baby usually so I'll just see what next weigh in brings. Thanks for posting back for me xx

its so worrying isnt it. I had one HV telling me there must be something wrong, and to keep taking her to baby club to get weighed every day.

then over Christmas a HV came out to me as I had a cold and couldnt go to baby club, it was an older different HV who told me there was nothing to worry about, her weight is fine!

just go with your instincts. It sounds like she is doing just grand to me! Good luck for the next weigh in. x

Lanna is 17 weeks, has 6 bottles of 8oz a day (includes a night feed at 3-4am :( . She also gets baby cereal in morning, fruit puree at lunch time, and veg or fruit puree at dinner time (on advise of hv)....but still can't fill her!! She's on 75th percentile. Hv says she has a large appetitie prob because she is such an active baby..... x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back