Young toddler and what to wear to bed nightmare...

KHTW

Reaction score
Ladies,

I've been driving myslef mad over this for quite a while!! Honestly, I don't know how to dress my toddler (15mths) for bed so that she is comfortable, not too warm or not cold. I've been trying different outfits, different covers etc but nothing seems to be working and she wakes up EVERYTIME after 1.5hr and will hardly ever settle back down.

Her room sits between 19 and 18deg and she absolutely refuses to be covered by a blanket or to wear a grobag.

I currently put her to bed with a bidysuit+ pjs +1tog sleeping bag (jumsuit with 2 legs - the only thing she accepts). Is it too much, is it not enough? She never feels swetty but sometimes her back is cold to touch...

Honestly, I just can't figure this whole thing out :oooo:

Last edited:
Hi, I have a 2 year old (24 months) and a 9 month old. They have both always been in a baby gro for bed then inside a 2 tog sleeping bag. Both of them needed to be swaddled so they didn't wake themselves up so I wrapped one of those massive muslins over their sleeping bags. My daughter outgrew that at about 15 months I suppose and just stayed in her sleeping bag until two months ago when we gave her a 4 tog duvet which I then upped to a 9 tog. If she is too hot she kicks it off. If my 9 month old is going into his cot and I feel he is a bit cold then I put an extra blanket on top of him x

It sounds like the room temp is pretty much perfect, but if her or her clothes feel cold then I'd say she prob needs somethibg more. How do her hands/face feel? Are they cool too? All babies differ so it will be trial and error. Can you pop a blanket on once she is asleep?
My little is 16 months and wears a long sleeve vest, baby grow and a sleeping bag with arms as he gets cold easily. His buddy who is the same age only wears a baby grow with a very light sleeping bag, anything else he sweats! They are all so different!

My LO's room is that temperature too and I think the grow bag guidelines for that temp of room is 2.5tog x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back