You know you've watched too much cbeebies when...

Hypnorm

Reaction score
You know you have seen too much Cbeebies when...

You can name the children in the Balamory nursery

You can have a discussion with your children about Bob the Builder's weak spots

You find yourself giggling more than the kids when Justin & Sarah Jayne read the news!

You are doing the actions to Sid Says by yourself!

You go to work singing "The time has come to say goodnight, to say slepptight...." and your colleagues want to skin you.

You start narrating your actions and ending every sentence with ar, ar, ar!

...you greet visitors at the door with a scottish accent and "Come away in, honey pie".

...you limp into work with muscle strain incurred during a particular vigorous episode of boogie beebies.

There are no children in the house, yet you still have Cbeebies running on the TV!

...You get more exited when you go to see shows like Cbeebies Live than your child....

...You change childrens channels and you know what are the rubbish shows and what are any good...

...You know what time your childs fave programmes are on without looking in the magizine...

You start singing all the tunes like Bob the Builder, Postman Pat, need i go on?

And you start talking in Teletubby language like eh oh, uh oh, tubby toast!

You know which episode of Something Special it is by looking at Justin's shirt.....

You get excited when it is an episode of Come outside you HAVEN'T seen!

Also, how many of you do the Makaton 'Look!' and say 'Mr Tumble, Mr Tumble?'!!

You find yourself lying awake at night wondering whether Bobbi in Me Too can really afford a child-minder

When you discuss seriously the effects of Archie eating all that Yogurt with your husband, and also whether other policemen think PC PLum has got an easy number!

When you put the subtitles on to read what's going on - for yourself, because the children can't read!

when you and hubby debate on how roly can see whats behind him.

when you notice how tikkabilla presenters are not allowed to wear wedding rings

..You wonder what goes on upstairs in the Step Inside house.

And if Sportacus's moustache ever goes floppy!

When you start discussing, what has attracted Raymond to Tina in Mee Too and which parent does little lisa look?

You wonder what Sporticus smells like cause he never washes and goes to be in his clothes(Yuk!)

When you start wondering:

Why has Postman Pat suddenly got a wife and child? and why doesn't he ever get out of his uniform?

Also does Bob the builder invoice on time, why can't I get my house built in one day and why does there never seem to be any traffic in Bobsville?

And you get excited when it's an old edition of Balamory with the original songs and the original Josie Jump!

When you realise that....

Nobody actually works in Balamory or Me Too & therefore I am in the wrong job.

Lynda Baron is not a pet lover when pippin manages to go missing in 2 out of every 3 episodes.

You put Sarah-Janes & Justins names into google just to see.....yes I know it's sad.

Its the only channel you know the number for.

Sky plus is full of "step inside" & "Numberjacks"
& you can't tape anything else an adult would be remotely interested in.

You think Social Services should be informed about Charlie & Lola's parents never being around...

You start cruising the message boards to see if you can answer any of the questions posted!

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
i had this for a few years with Josh, but now he watches nick jr, but i'll have it all to come again with Louie :roll: :roll:

by the way i just LOVE sportacus!!! i often ask my hubbie to try some Sportacus moves :rotfl: :rotfl:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Thank god mine watch boomerang now (i love scooby doo!!) but i guess i'll have to go through it all agin soon!!

I have about 10 ella appropriate childrens channels to choose from

ROFL! I watch Something Special when Mel is asleep! Justin is hilarious! My brother met him when he was doing a show and my brother was doing the lighting and he said that he's lovely in real life too and he always wanted to do kid's TV. I remember the first time I saw Higgledy Piggledy House I thought it looked like experimental drama with those weird toddler giggles they dub over Sarah-Jane!

+++

We had it on yesterday at my mums and me too was on and I was surprised to see my friend Chris presenting!!!!!!!! I used to work with him in sales. He is a top bloke.

I was slightly star struck lol

Lou :)

I've managed to avoid Ceebeebies so far...do they still sing that bloody annoying Birthday song?

"Everybody here wishes you a happy birthday, have a happy day today"

:wall: :wall:

urchin said:
I've managed to avoid Ceebeebies so far...do they still sing that bloody annoying Birthday song?

"Everybody here wishes you a happy birthday, have a happy day today"

:wall: :wall:

grumpy....its only a childrens programme man! :roll:

:hug: cheer up

I am very grateful to CBeebies as it has saved my stress levels going thro the roof many a time! lol

My sons fav's have to be Tweenies, Balamory, Story Makers and Teletubbies

Last edited:
Ha ha I know what you mean. My daughter had the c beebies cd for xmas and we have to have it on in the car every time we go out think I know all the songs more than Sophie does!!!!!

Also I work on the railway and find myself wondering on me too how come my job isn't as easy as raymond makes it look and also why I can't find a childmimder or nursery that will take my daughter at any given time of the day or through the night.

Also I have watched c beebies for ages and don't think I have ever seen an old episode of balamory I thought there was only ever one josie jump?

foxymum said:
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
i had this for a few years with Josh, but now he watches nick jr, but i'll have it all to come again with Louie :roll: :roll:

by the way i just LOVE sportacus!!! i often ask my hubbie to try some Sportacus moves :rotfl: :rotfl:

Its always Nick Jr in our house too :roll:

Lazytown, Peppa Pig, Dora the Explorer....I never get to watch grown up telly :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back