You know you're getting big when...

bobkat

Reaction score
Ok, so at 34 weeks I know I'm a mere minnow compared to how some of the March and April mummies are feeling right now but thought id start this to bring some light hearted banter to the difficulties of no longer being able to see your own shadow, let alone your feet. So here goes,

I know I'm getting big because my over the bump leggings no longer fit over my bump and instead need constant hitching up as they slip below my waist.

Also I had to use the disabled toilet the other day because I couldn't squeeze my bump between the door, toilet, bin and wall of the cubicle. Trying to make that manoeuvre with my leggings falling down of their own accord must have entertained the various onlookers at the hand dryers.

Any others ladies?

You know you're big when you can't reach over OR around your bump to trim the fuzz XD

You know your getting big when your 3 year old walks into your bump and declares "mummy, your belly!!" ��

You know your big when you drop something on the floor and cry because the effort to pick it up is just too much!!!

You drop something on the floor and just leave it.

You can no longer get off the sofa-it has to be a coordinated roll.

The over bump jeans yes! LOL

However, I'm mostly wearing New Look Jeans, I have a pair from Next and their bump fabric is longer so goes right up to my bust still lol

Last edited:
You know your getting big when your 3 year old walks into your bump and declares "mummy, your belly!!" ��

Ha ha, my 5yr old said I looked good.in a dress because it looked nice and fat!

I too, am walking past things I've dropped on the floor, oh and having to build up a rocking motion to be able to lever myself out of the car!

Keep em coming girls

You know you're big when you constantly bump glasses over on tables at work with your belly

When your 4 year old tells you you have the fattest belly she has ever seen! :(

I got stuck in an isle in B&M and loads of veg peelers fell on me. Couldnt go back or forward and a shop assistant came to help.

Last pregnancy ofcourse, not this 1 plenty time for that :lol:

xxxx

You park the car and then can't get out cause you haven't left enough space to open the door fully. Or you have to wait until the person in the car beside comes back and moves so you can get in.

you know your big when you test out a low down bean bag chair in a furniture shop and regret it the minute you sit down, your stuck on your back in it and you need your partner to pull you out and up out of it before any nearby customers see.

not forgetting when I'm no longer capable of tieing my own shoes Xx

... you're not even 26 weeks yet and the only time you're comfortable is when wearing pyjamas

And putting on socks takes skill and planning.

:oops:

Last edited:
You know your getting big when your OH borrows your maternity leggings to pop down to the shop and they dwarf him yet on you its like someone trying to fit you through a smarties tube.

Also shaving your legs becomes a precision task in special awareness.

When you're in flip flops and it's 8 degrees outside, because putting on weather appropriate shoes involves a 2 person military style operation and at least 15 minutes notice

You know you're getting big when the checkout woman in tesco's argues with you about you going back round after you've paid for your shopping and you comment that you forgot something. If there wasn't someone behind me in the queue I think she would have ran round for me!

The preggerpants not fitting... yess...
Needing aid to get off the sofa... partner having to tie my shoelaces (even though imo he does it WRONG)... partner bumping into the bump all the time when he tries to pass me in our small kitchen lol

The preggerpants not fitting... yess...
Needing aid to get off the sofa... partner having to tie my shoelaces (even though imo he does it WRONG)... partner bumping into the bump all the time when he tries to pass me in our small kitchen lol

I have this same bump bumping issue. Only we usually have plenty of space, but OH seems to forget that I can't get out of the way, or suck my belly in when he is trying to squeeze through a non-existent space!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back