You know what really grinds my gears?

Ragdoll

Reaction score
All those Facebook 'dares' or 'challenges' that are pointless. We recently had the 'motherhood challenge' which involved posting pictures of you and your children then tagging other perfect mothers to do the same, yeah thanks for that, rub salt in the wound !
Now we have a motherhood 'dare' , ooh I've been dared to post a pic of a moment that makes me proud to be a mum, is this not the same thing? Is it 'raising awareness' of anything? Other than making us childless people more aware of our childlessness? How is it a 'dare'? Aargh !

And that ladies and gentlemen is what grinds my gears, thank you
(Any similarity to a character on a certain animated adult comedy show is entirely coincidental)

Feel free to share what grinds your gears!

I hear you on this one.

Last edited:
I hate it too. Do I post pics of all the used vials, needles and negative pregnancy tests?! Hehehe.

I generally think Facebook is there for a lot to brag on which is a pain. People on my feed post their constant eextravagant shopping trips, holiday count Downs, new cars, basically anything material. I mainly share good reads or funny stuff or keep in contact with friends and family.

I think the problem is too many folk live their life via social media and seem to seek approval or security?

I think no matter what your journey is, it's a pain in the butt to watch the "look at me show" :lol:

xxxxx

Ugh I have that all over mine to. And so many bump pics with no top on... Also have a 'friend' that's constantly breaking up with her kids dad, but having a kid with him every flipping year lol arghhh ahaha

I thought I was the only one with the new motherhood dare thing that had thought "thanks for that" quite relieved I'm not lol so annoying xx

If you don't like what they are posting, delete them :)
Showing that they are a proud mother is by no means a dig at people that can't get pregnant. I don't mean to offend anyone but just think that once you do get the positive result - you'll also want to shout it from the rooftop!

Also, I hate Facebook too so in no way sticking up for that!

If you don't like what they are posting, delete them :)
Showing that they are a proud mother is by no means a dig at people that can't get pregnant. I don't mean to offend anyone but just think that once you do get the positive result - you'll also want to shout it from the rooftop!

Also, I hate Facebook too so in no way sticking up for that!

Very true, this is why I like pictures and don't moan cos I know I will be just as bad lmao xx

I think we are just all having a moan. Nobody minds them showing how much they love their children. These challenges sort of assume you are and can easily be a mum though. That I find difficult.

I hate the materialistic stuff on FB as well, and people who pretend they have the perfect marriage. Fair enough you love each other, but everyone argues, and one such couple I know for a fact are far than perfect (I'm talking affairs).

I think we are just all having a moan. Nobody minds them showing how much they love their children. These challenges sort of assume you are and can easily be a mum though. That I find difficult.

I hate the materialistic stuff on FB as well, and people who pretend they have the perfect marriage. Fair enough you love each other, but everyone argues, and one such couple I know for a fact are far than perfect (I'm talking affairs).

Exactly this!! People live the perfect life through Facebook. I know someone who preeches the perfect marriage church life very close to home I might add who has a whole room of scandals from the hubby including getting another woman preggers. Its embarrassing!!

I do unfollow a lot of people as I weigh out whether I actually like them as a person and try to think if they'r like that in real life so I do try my part in not involving myself in it.

However it doesn't mean it doesn't go on. I could post all day long about what I've bought where I am going how happy I am in my relationship and how proud I am of my smart baby but I don't because I know despite my fortunes others are less fortunate. And there are times Im less fortunate with OH or in general so wouldn't paint myself perfect.

I am in no way jealous of these people but it's just annoying to see post it expecting such graditude from it. Go enjoy your life rather than seek likes from people. Where do likes get you? :rofl:

xxxx

Last edited:
I must be so boring to be friends with on FB, pretty much guarantee all my posts are about my dogs, food & what I'm watching! I know how lucky I am to be married to someone who adores me so I dont feel the need to brag about it because it could easily upset those still searching for their perfect match.

I may brag occasionally how I bought a pair of tracky bottoms from a shop for 24p and what bargain I have found but never anything like how expensive something is I bought (primarily because we are too broke to buy anything lol) I try not to boast about things when others might not have what I do. However, these challenges do get on my proverbials

Well said everyone ! You're all absolutely right about people living their lives seeking approval via Facebook. I always think it's like walking into a busy town square full of people and shouting at the top of your voice , can you imagine some of the things people post being said to all those people at once? "Im having cornflakes for breakfast LOL !" , "I can't sleep aaaargh" and so on, everyone in that square would think that person really odd ! :)

Kitty2016-I do unfollow people rather than delete them , as Phonixgirl said just having a grumble , in no means angry at people being lucky enough to have children , it's just this nonsense of "I've been dared to post a pic, let's see who else can rise to the challenge" stuff. Hopefully if I have children of course I will shout it out in that hypothetical market square, and thank those that have supported me , also I'm sure I will post pictures , but not constantly.I'll be too busy enjoying time with my miracle rather than asking others to marvel at it :)

Whilst we are bashing Facebook , anyone else get loads of those "I know nobody reads my wall so this should be interesting, copy and paste and put how we met, I bet nobody will!" Or some similar variation? Also , what's with the Minion pictures with quotes on that have nothing to do with Minions? Don't get me wrong, I like Minions I have nothing against them , but I swear the other day there was a Minion picture that had a sample of a Marilyn Monroe quote on! Again , I tend to unfollow those people. It's a wonder I have anything left on my newsfeed !

Last edited:
Yep yep yep! I never share either of those.

Sparklegirl - now buying clothes for 24p IS something to share and shout from the rooftops! Whatever money we have, there's no point spending more if we don't have to! Xx

I want to know which shop it is Sparklegirl ! Got to love a bargain !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back