You are not going to believe it...

LouiseB

Reaction score
I am, apparently, an embryo killing machine.

I got my protocol that is also taking into consideration my immune blood work and oh my god it's a lot of drugs.

The worst thing is that i haven't actually seen a consultant to discuss my results and what they mean, i just have a long list of drugs and google to work out what they are for.

So... the list:
Metformin
Intralipids
Clexane
Dexamethasone

In normal terms that seems to be clotting medication, steroids to hinder my immune system and fats to enhanse implantation.

The emotion i seem to be expressing is actually amusement at the moment but i think i'm in shock.

As i said i haven't spoken to a consultant yet but i'm assuming that it means that even if hubby had perfect sperm that i wouldn't conceive which is just fucking hilarious.

Waiting for the nurse to clarify what drugs i need to take beause i'm not sure i heard her very well in the car.

Last edited:
:hugs: thats seems like alot of drugs:shock: only one i know anything about is the clexane as thats what i am on this pregnancy for clotting (even though i tested negitive for clotting problems:roll:)

Hope your ok lou :hugs:

Replied on your other thread but just to repeat I'm so sorry you've had to go through this Lou.

You still need a lot of information and clarification so try not to get too despondent (easy for me to say I know). The fact that they want you to take the drugs shows that they feel there's a lot they can do to treat you. When will you see nurse and consultant?

:hugs:

I just read your update on your other thread. Today sounds like a bloody nightmare so don't feel bad about complaining hon. I can see why your hubby was pissed of as well. I hope you get more answers tomorrow. I don't know anything about the drugs you listed, but I see it as positive that they want to try them. Mega big hugs!!! Sorry it has been so stressful.

Gizzy xxx

Awww Lou I have just read your journal, sounds like you have had a real shitty time of things today, I think you should at least wait until you have seen your doctor before making any assumptions, they may just be taking extra precautions prescribing those drugs :hugs:

Try not to stress over it to much tonight, have a nice meal, bath and a large glass of wine, you wont get the answers you are looking for until tomorrow, so step away from evil google and spend some time with your hubby sounds like you could both do with a cuddle tonight xxx

Hi Louise - I was diagnosed with high Natural Killer cells. Is this what they've said you have? PLEASE don't take too much notice of this - so few places even believe in their existence.. If you have had the same diagnosis I will update you a bit more on what's happened with us (including a big complait and an investigation so you aren't the only one!).

Emily x

Thanks ladies :hug:

I'm trying not to think too much into it until tomorrow but i know that hubby is actually relieved a little.

He's talking about maybe all of these drugs being the reason my eggs wouldn't let his sperm fertilise them but i don't think it works like that...

He also suggested donor eggs - a bit like he's on the verge of gloating :roll:

I'm trying to cut him some slack though because i can appreciate how much guilt he's been feeling after the failed cycles we've had so far and now it looks like more of a 50:50 split.

Lou I think the 2 of you must have an amazing relationship with what you have both been through. I hope my hubby and I deal with things as well and you both when we start IVF. Xxx

Thanks Gizzy :)

I do cope very well for the both of us, it's true ;)

It's just a good thing that i enjoy irony so much. Gotta laugh, right :oooo:

Too true too true and yes it is good that you can laugh xxx hope tomorrow brings some answers x xx

Sorry you are having such a hard time of it Lou, lets hope these drugs will bring you the result you want - your sticky BFP,
in the end thats all that matters. xxxxx

p.s my little boy just loves your little pikachoo ticker!!
Want let me scroll down as he loves it so much!! xxx

Hey Lou! I echo what everyone else has said! I think that you and hubby are so strong and think that your ability to cope is great! Hope you get this new challenge all sorted honey! Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back