Yorkshire

Discussion in 'Forum Friends' started by Layla, Sep 12, 2005.

1. Layla

Layla Well-Known Member

Hey guys

Anyone here live in around or near Yorkshire??

Me and my OH want to move up north, we both like the idea of Yorkshire but dont have any knowledge of the area (apart from leeds festival lol) so im looking for anyone who can tell me what the best areas are and which ones to steer clear off.

Idealy what we are looking for is a village type area with lots of greenary, but with a town not to far away so we dont feel to cut off from everything.

any help or advice would be great.

thanks
    xxx

2. Kim

Kim Well-Known Member

Hi

I live in East Yorkshire. There's a lot of countryside around here and Hull not too far away (although I don't think I could recommend moving there lol) but there's also York and Beverley. Beverley is very sought after, but I would avoid Hull (no offence to anyone who lives there, I live there myself!)

Good luck house hunting!!

3. Layla

Layla Well-Known Member

Cheers Kim :)

another area we are considering now is Cheltenham, so anyone know much about that area?

4. Steelers fan

Steelers fan Well-Known Member

Hi, we live in Chesterfield which is in Derbyshire but only 15 mins away from S. Yorkshire. I guess it depends what you want really. I think we have the best of both we live out of town on a new development. At the end of our close are the fields. Town is 10 minutes away, Sheffield city centre is 20 mins and I can do meadowhall in just over 15 mins!!
    The peak district is 15 miles away, only 25 minutes and your walking around Chatsworth house!!! What more can you ask for?
    Why do you want to move at all though?

5. rachie30

rachie30 Member

hi
    i live in huddersfield (west yorkshire.) i was brought up in an area called Netherton. and its a popular area. lots of greenery, as well as a nice village and houses. one of nices areas in huddersfield. need to know more??.. hope this helps xx

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. lulu

lulu Well-Known Member

Hi,

I moved up to North Yorkshire from Devon. I started off living in Harrogate which is really lovely and the nearby areas like knaresborough are gorgeous. I settled really well!!!

I now live near the Durham border, still North Yorkshire, just, I live in a very lovely village and the villages near by are just as gorgeous. It comes under Richmond which is also very pretty and the schools are fantastic.

Have you decided on a move or had any progress?

7. muminseptember

muminseptember Well-Known Member

i am from north yorkshire

8. claireabell

claireabell Well-Known Member

hey there,

I live in York, north yorkshire, its quite a nice city although I guess with everywhere there are certain places within the town that I would most definately not recommend to move to. Plus York isn't too far from Leeds which is great for shopping etc.
    Anyway hope you find the move you are looking for and hope everything goes well for you.
    Take care
    xxxxx

9. mary70

mary70 Well-Known Member

i'm south yorkshire sheffield there r loads of nice places around here on boarder