Yorkshire Puddings!

LisaJ1986

Reaction score
How do people make them that can be removed from the pan???
My very first attempt resulted in me throwing the pan in the bin! :oops:
I stopped making them for 2 years and just bought Asda ones.
But OH has been making me try again. But i'm still struggling to get them out! I manage to deflate them and they just look like pancakes. I'm scraping them out which is now resulting in a scratched pan, which i know makes it harder to get them out!

I just want some proper yorkies! Besides a new pan, how do i do it???

My mum makes YUM yorkies :D the batter can be made in advance

I do believe the tricks is to pour oil into the tray/small circular bits and put it in the oven and heat the oil til is is VERY hot then add the batter. I'm told you need a good few mm of oil to stop them sticking :)

I really must try making them, lol.

Suzie and Faith said:
I do believe the tricks is to pour oil into the tray/small circular bits and put it in the oven and heat the oil til is is VERY hot then add the batter. I'm told you need a good few mm of oil to stop them sticking :)

That's what I do.. well what my OH does! He makes them and they are perfect! He makes the batter - plain four, 2 eggs, milk, mixed together, then puts oil into the circular bits of the tray and puts it in the oven. He usually leaves it in there for about half an hour before adding the batter, and they take about 20 mins I think to rise!

Ahh. I knew it had to be very hot, but i can't be putting enough in then. I follow a recipe book and they only use 1 egg, and butter instead of oil. But i burnt the butter last time! Lol

Will try that then! Thanks!

I use lard, rather than oil or butter mine dont stick and like others have said it needs to be very hot. About 15 mins before you take your joint out turn up the temp to 200oC and pop your trays in the oven. When you take joint out then add the batter to the trays (while doing this keep the trays red hot by heating them over your hob) and bake for approx 30 mins. Another trick is to not wash your tins, just wipe, but this only works if they dont stick cause if they do stick then you will need to get the stuck bits of food off before you use them again. Good luck.

This is what I do...

In a large bowl mix:
1 cup of plain flour
1 egg
1 cup of half milk half water
Pinch of salt

The mixed consistancy should be like single cream, not too runny.

Put a little olive oil into a bun tray, just enough so it covers the bottom of each hole (I use the one with 12 individual bun holes) swirl the tray around so that the oil coats all the inside of each bun hole. This stops them sticking as they rise.
Put tray in oven till smoking hot then add mixture.
Put in oven for 20-30 minutes till well risen and golden.

P.S You can also use this mixture for pancakes.

I made some at christmas and used 2 eggs but then ended up having to add more flour to make the mixture less runny. We had yorkshire puddings with roast beef and horseraddish sauce on Boxing day. Was yummy :D

Ta da!

My Mum always taught me to make the mixture & leave it to stand for a bit so i tend to make it early in the morning ready for later and also she said use an extra egg. i have followed these two tips for yorkshire pudding & toad in the hole and it never fails on me.

As others have said make sure pan is really hot as well :cheer:

I made some the other day. They were successfully removed from the pan. However, i used too much oil, so it went all over the oven! Lol. Not only that the oil burnt so the kitchen was filled with smoke and my eyes were stinging!!!
I'm a disaster in the kitchen! Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back