Yolo

lucrezaborgia

Reaction score
Greetings!

I'm lucrezaborgia which I'm sure is very clear from my user name. Not very clever intro huh? Anyways...

I'll be 32 on the 18th of January. Originally I hail from Miami, FL and moved to the Great White North 3 years ago. I live with my husband in Green Bay, WI. My DH is definitely the more nerdy half with his skills at sewing, his penchant for dressing up in 17th century Polish Hussar armor, his new-found love for modding Nerf guns, and the 1,400 books on the shelves in his home on top of the multiple Lego StarWars ships hanging from the ceiling in the room I'm currently in. A lot of my friends back in Florida think I'm oh so smart but really I'm barely literate by my own standards. The people I've met through my DH up here have been amazing and are almost all a nerdly dream though maybe that's just a byproduct of being in the SCA? Sad to say, I'm in school still. Multiple bouts of illness have made it a very long journey but I think I'm finally on the homestretch and hope to have a Library and Information Science degree in the future.

Some favorite things: Awesome food, Tetris, tea, reading, history, trying to use proper spelling and all that jazz even while texting, beer, Futurama, dark comedy, documentaries, cats, and arguing about Manifest Destiny at 3am after having had way too much to drink.

Some things I do not like: Spiders, running out of ammo for my Maverick, reality television, network news, a dead battery on my DS right as I'm about to finish a level, and having someone knock on the door just as I'm about to...

Things I'm not proud of: Walking away from a 70% scholarship at a fancy-pants learning institution, marrying someone (not current husband) for all wrong reasons, and the ability to sleep 12 hours a day.

Things I am proud of: Finally finding the right diagnosis and drugs, realizing that while the education was challenging at the fancy-pants learning institution it was killing my soul to be so far from my support group of friends and family, leaving everything behind in Miami and moving to Wisconsin with 2 suitcases and my cat, and divorcing the wrong man and finding the right man.

Weird things: Read James Michener's "Alaska" in 5th grade and thought it was awesome, spent the 2nd grade traveling from racetrack to racetrack on the Late-Model circuit and have met many NASCAR greats, built my own tree-house that survive hurricane Andrew entirely by myself, worked in the nightclubs on South Beach selling roses at the age of 15, and survived ARDS by spending over a week in a medically induced coma.

Things for the TL;DR crowd: 31 y/o (b. 1/18), female, blonde, overweight, married, bipolar, student, history major, TTC

Hello you :wave: I can't wait for your BFP, you've come so far in time we've been friends :love:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back