Yolk sac but no baby

candymycandy

Reaction score
Hi all. Just had a scan at the epu as I've had some light spotting. By LMP I'm 8w5d. I know when i ov'd so don't think my dates are very much out of whack. Scan saw a sac but no baby so have to go back in 10 (sigh) days. They've said it's either my dates are wrong or it's not developing. I saw my little boy at 8 weeks with my last pg. Has anyone had a pg progress after getting this news?

It never experienced this but didn't want to read and run I hope all works out well at your next scan xx

In sorry hun but when I was in this position, my pregnancy didn't develop and sadly ended in miscarriage.

I know of women who have gone back for their next scan and all has been OK, but this wasn't the case for me.

Got my fingers crossed for you hun and hope the next ten days doesn't drag on too much for you. The waiting around is just horrendous.

:hug:

XX

I was completely certain when I ov'd and conceived this this one. We also had a few epas scans due to bleeding and pains. My dates said I was 7wks 5 days and the hospital put me back 3 weeks! When we had our officially scan we were only put back one week. Baby can grow at different speeds for the first trimester which makes dating a bit tricky. We originally only saw a void, then just a yolk and then a week later the tiniest heartbeat flickering away.

Don't give up hope just yet, babies seem to have a fab habit of testing our patience even before they are out the womb! We have since learnt that our squig isn't a fan of being scanned in the slightest and will do whatever he can to hide away, so when they are tiny that is really easy to do
xxxx

Thanks both for your experiences. Trying to remain hopeful but equally want to prepare myself. Any good news at the re scan will be a lovely surprise. I am not sure now how anything can grow if it's not already in there? So confusing and I hate not understanding the science of it, I see what you mean though blondep about them hiding away. Not sure how I'm going to get through the next 10 days but guess we are all made of stronger stuff than we think. Sorry for your losses Emily xx

i had an early scan, i thought i was 7/8 weeks and i could only see a sac, went back 2 weeks later, everything had trippled in size and saw the heartbeat, can i ask did you have an internal scan?

on the second scan they dated me only 6/7 weeks so im running like 2 weeks behind i have another scan on the 31st to make sure things are still progressing and hopefully find out when im due! x

Yeah I had an internal scan Leigh. I remembered she said the sac was too small for my dates too. I've started spotting again now so not feeling too positive. All the best for your scan that's fantastic it was good news xx

if you had an internal that usually means you are less than 6 weeks, spotting is nothing i was spotting with mine which is why i went to the epu. keep positive until its a full bleed with cramps etc try not to worry. easier said than done i know all ive done is worry!

ring the EPU and tell them they may scan you again xxx

If you are really 8+5 they really should be able to see the baby clearly by now but it is easy for dates to be out. If you are earlier than you thought it could be perfectly normal. When did you get your BFP?

Around the 22nd September bunny. I also would expect to see a baby at this point which is why I'm not hopeful. Have read some stories about blighted ovums with positive outcomes but more without a happy ending.

I went for an early scan and all they saw was the gest sac no yolk sac or baby went back 10 days later and saw a little bean. I was earlier than I thought

I thought I was 7 turned out I was only about 5 maybe just over. when I went back bean was measuring 7 weeks

Did you guys know when you'd ov'd? That's the thing I know that info so I wouldn't be out more than a few days?

no i just went by the first day of my last period like the docs do, but in the first tri they grow at different speeds so altho i was looking like 7 weeks last time i might have caught up to where i should be by now when i go on monday

I didn't ovulate when I thought I had it was actually about a week later

If you are 100% sure of when you o'd then I don't think it is possible for your dates to be that far out. Its hard to be 100% sure of when you o'd though unless you actually had a scan. It is possible to have a positive OPK for example without actually ovulating.

Last edited:
Thanks bunny, yep had my opk but then ov pains which I'm well familiar with now! Guess this isn't 100% like a scan though. Thanks for all your replies ladies it's appreciated x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back