YogaBirth

Lynds77

Reaction score
I have mentioned this in a few threads, but i just wanted to tell everyone how great I think this is!

i am lucky in that my local class is actually ran by a midwife. So we all sit and have a chat about aches and pains and problems over the last week, and get advice and support. its a bonus really!

but the positions we do are really to get your body ready for birth, to help ease pain and just generally make it easier to birth your baby.

we do lots of pelvic floor exercises, and lots of exercises for the pelvic area, that help to open up the pelvis which obviously will make giving birth easier.

We also do lots of positions to help ease all our aches and pains and we get really good advice on a few things to do at home to help our specific problems.

i really cant express enough how great I think it is!!

there is also the social aspect, we get a blether beforehand and you can stay for tea and biscuits after if you want too.

give it a go girls! x

Do you mind me asking how much it costs?

xxxxxxxxx

ours is free just now!! as the teacher is a qualified yoga teacher, but is in the process of qualifiying for yoga birth. She said once she has her certificate she will have to start charging, but it wont be much. Am expecting about £5 a week. Our sessions lasts 2 hours though! (incuding the chats at the start, 20mins relaxation and 30mins tea and biscuits at the end)

I am doing Ante-natal Yoga (I am guessing it is simular if not the same) and I cannot recomend it enough, I have met a few ladies but more than the social aspect it is so relaxing!! I did Yoga before but just having an hour and a half a week to focus on breathing techniques, safe core exercises and exercises for the pelvis are all brilliant!! x

I am seeing the MW on Friday so I'll see what is on offer.

I know this sounds pathetic but it's been so many years since I did anything like join a group on my own? I'd be nervous :shock:

Also I wear glasses and this has always put me off things like classes as I am scared I won't be able to see / won't be able to do the activities with my glasses on!

xxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
It cant be a bit scary the first time Nat, but every week we have new people so I would guess your local class would be the same. So you wouldnt be the newbie for long!

as for glasses, most of the stuff we do we do with out eyes closed so we can concentrate on breathing, but so long as you can see the teacher and what position she is doing, then you will be ok. x

I really wanted to do yoga with this pregnancy .I have never done it before a this being my last pregnancy I was really excited to try it out as I'd heard such alot of great reviews about yoga in pregnancy and it being so good for relaxing, breathing and muscle stretching. But I've carried out searches and there is nothing in my area at all. I'm really disappointed I can't try it out.:(

I'm def going to look at al my options!!

I got my Hyponobirthing book today so excited to start reading that!!

xxxxxxxxxxxx

I am seeing the MW on Friday so I'll see what is on offer.

I know this sounds pathetic but it's been so many years since I did anything like join a group on my own? I'd be nervous :shock:

Also I wear glasses and this has always put me off things like classes as I am scared I won't be able to see / won't be able to do the activities with my glasses on!

xxxxxxxxx

You should have seen me in my first class.... I walked in dropped my yoga matt and sort of tripped on my own feet (I am ultra clumsy).... I was SO nurvous, luckily I knew the yoga instructor! I have my first NCT class tonight and hubby is away.... I am taking my mum as back-up....:shock:

I'm def going to look at al my options!!

I got my Hyponobirthing book today so excited to start reading that!!

xxxxxxxxxxxx

i started reading my book yesterday! am going to give it a go, hubby thinks its all shite though so I will be doing it on my own.

I am still going to have an epidural in my birth plan though, just in case! i can always refuse it if I dont need it.

Wanna make yourselves feel better? You can have a laugh at me :)

During one of my classes, we were doing a pregnancy-friendly cobra move, and pushing my bum up in the air... I farted!!! A proper loud one too. Normally I get mortified being in classes, but because everyone else there was/had been pregnant too, everyone just got on with it and I never batted an eyelid. I get embarrassed thinking back about it, but at the time it wasn't too traumatising cos everyone there was so nice!! xx

i started reading my book yesterday! am going to give it a go, hubby thinks its all shite though so I will be doing it on my own.

I am still going to have an epidural in my birth plan though, just in case! i can always refuse it if I dont need it.

I can just imagine what my OH is going to make of it all, but it's worth a shot hey?

xxxxxxxxx

How did you learn of al these classes did you mw tell you or own research x

How did you learn of al these classes did you mw tell you or own research x

Own research. Here private classes aren't allowed to advertise in NHS hospitals or anything, so it was basically a google search. Netmums is good for searching for classes though xx

http://www.netmums.com/

So glad you posted that link for Daisy chain Leesey!!! I come across them a while ago but my baby brain meant I forgot the name of the company!! I like the sound of them...and their price. Will treat myself in my third trimester as I can't really afford the NCT.

xxx

thanks am gonna sign up to net mum x

So glad you posted that link for Daisy chain Leesey!!! I come across them a while ago but my baby brain meant I forgot the name of the company!! I like the sound of them...and their price. Will treat myself in my third trimester as I can't really afford the NCT.

xxx

I know you probably know this, but the Daisy Birthing classes are strictly relaxation/breathing/gentle exercise classes, rather than antenatal/parenting classes like NCT. Mine is run by a midwife so get lots of great advice from her, but it's not a prerequisite for their instructors. I'm taking the NCT ones too as I'm looking forward to the information and advice xx

Wanna make yourselves feel better? You can have a laugh at me :)

During one of my classes, we were doing a pregnancy-friendly cobra move, and pushing my bum up in the air... I farted!!! A proper loud one too. Normally I get mortified being in classes, but because everyone else there was/had been pregnant too, everyone just got on with it and I never batted an eyelid. I get embarrassed thinking back about it, but at the time it wasn't too traumatising cos everyone there was so nice!! xx

This really tickled me! Makes me feel so much better about being a newbie in a class - it's lovely they're such supportive places :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back