Yoga and ttc?

sunnyland27

Reaction score
Hi girls,

I was wonderin if any of you do yoga or know if there is any guidance about yoga positions and ttc?

Went to a half-day yoga thing today and when we were going to do a shoulder stand my auntie leant over and said "don't do this if you're on your period or anything", so I did it because AF isn't due til tues. Couldn't ask about the tww because she doesn't know were trying but want to know if I start going regularly x

I do yoga... Mainly Bikram but a bit of Hatha Flow too.

I go but I stop doing hot yoga in my tww just to be safe. When I last got preg, they told me not to do yoga at all in Tri 1 so I had to suspend my membership for a while. (I'm not sure if this is just to cover their backs really though)

I'm not too sure on specific poses while ttc/preg. I knew you couldnt do headstand while on period, but not sure what else..... but could you ask your teacher?

I don't think most poses would be a big problem during ttc, but as soon as your preg definitely ask.
X

Last edited:
Oh no I had no idea you shouldn't do bikram in the 2ww! I love it and don't really want to give it up, can it really affect conceiving? I always planned on swapping to prenatal yoga once preggers anyway. I also didn't know that you shouldn't do downward dog if you have af! Hmmmm bit depressed by this but thanks for the post x

Niaomip, don't let me stop you doing it, I don't know for sure. I was just aware that you shouldn't have really hot baths when preg so I decided to not do the hot version of yoga in tww too just in case. I don't think it's a case that you shouldn't as such, it prob doesn't affect pregnancy that early. I'm prob just being a bit too cautious because I've had 2 mc. Keep wondering whether to ask teacher about it x

Last edited:
Thanks ladies! I think were probably all too cautious and the benefits of yoga will outweigh any risks. I feel amazing tonight but quite achey! Short of drugs, a big trauma or shoving something through your cervix, there's probably not much that'll affect pregnancy, but I just like to know I've done everything I can. Ive had pre-AF symptoms for days so I'm just feeling so protective over my belly incase there's a little bean desperately holding on, trying to burrow in while I flip it upside down and squeeze it for 2 1/2 hrs lol x

Thanks ladies! I think were probably all too cautious and the benefits of yoga will outweigh any risks. I feel amazing tonight but quite achey! Short of drugs, a big trauma or shoving something through your cervix, there's probably not much that'll affect pregnancy, but I just like to know I've done everything I can. Ive had pre-AF symptoms for days so I'm just feeling so protective over my belly incase there's a little bean desperately holding on, trying to burrow in while I flip it upside down and squeeze it for 2 1/2 hrs lol x

Hahahaha 'shoving something through your cervix'. I think I'll keep going as you said, hopefully the benefits should out way any negatives. I'll stop as soon as I get a bfp. Mind you I was supposed to go today bit I didn't as I've got some killer cramps and feel a bit rubbish. I'd love a brufen right now but that's something else that's not allowed in the 2ww :eh: .

Lots of baby dust ladies x

Top 8 Yoga postures for pregnant women

Vakrasna (Twisted pose)
Utkatasana (Chair pose)
Konasana (Angle pose)
Paryankasana (Ham's pose with one leg)
Hast Panangustasana (Extended hand to big tow pose)
Bhadrasana (Butterfly pose)
Parvatasana (Mountain pose)
Yastikasana (Stick pose)

Thank You

Hari Om !!
Rishikesh Yog Dham ! RYS 200,India.

thanks rys :) i thought you werent meant to do poses where you twist the abdomen? Im not so good with the pose names yet so i will look them up. Do you know if there are any differences between yoga while pregnant and yoga while trying to conceive? x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back