Yet another pregnancy announcement....

stacesl3

Reaction score
So I work in an office with 3 other girls two of them actually had babies last year - they both announced their pregnancies within a month of each other so were pregnant at the same time. In a way I have been dreading the other girl getting pregnant..... I have had my suspicions as she didn't drink at the xmas party, has had a few docs appts lately etc... found out I was right and she is pregnant!

I feel a little deflated if I am honest, I know this may come over as a bit selfish but I cant help it, I have been ttc since 2013 now and have had 2 mc's, I just feel like when the hck is my turn!!! And now I am the only one in the office who doesn't have kids, so will have to listen to the pregnancy and baby advice etc....ugh. Sorry I know I'll get over it just being a bit woe is me at the moment, I know I am being out of order!

Awww I empathise. My stomach always turns over even I see pregnancy announcements on Facebook. It's tough as pregnancy is something we have little control over. Fx it will be our turn soon x

Thanks hun, I want to be happy as its such a lovely thing to happen but it is incredibly hard. x

Staces, its so hard. My cousin, who I am very close to, called me and very sensitively told me (she knows our situation) that she was expecting. I cried when we put the phone down, not because I am not happy for her. I am so happy for her but because its a reminder of what we're going through in order to get that dream. I am fine now and love chatting with her about all things baby but I do find it hard with anyone else and hate fb announcements etc.
You're not selfish at all, just human xx

Staces you're not selfish and what you're saying isnt out of order. It is absolutely heartbreaking when you're desperate for a baby and all you see is pregnancy anouncements and baby bumps in your face. Before I had my first baby even a visit to the supermarket could set me off, I'd see a pregnant woman and my eyes would fill up and I'd think "It's not fair. Why cant it happen for me" but then I guess we dont know how long they have been wanting/trying for it to happen. If you have a healthy diet and an active baby making plan then I'm sure it will happen for you too :) Good Luck for getting your bfp soon x

Don't feel bad at all stace, as you can see, we all feel the same. I've had 4 pregnancy announcements in the last couple of months and every one of them have made me cry. I'm just crying for myself, that it isn't happening for me. Not because I'm not happy for them.. although when some openly say 'I'll get over the shock soon, I feel rather pissed and bitter :lol: it'll be our turn soon lovely. Stay strong xx

Last edited:
I literally almost posted the same thread but about family and family friends! Three announcements in one day! It's hard coz u want to be pleased but at the same time in insanely jealous!

Oh how difficult. Hugs. It is a constant reminder of what you desperately want but are having difficulty getting. It will be your turn soon. X

Thanks ladies, its nice to know I am not the only one! It's funny as there have been a few girls (either family or girls i work with) who i have dreaded getting pregnant and so far all of them have (2 have had babies already), this girl is actually the last! At least I can stop dreading these announcements from people close to me.
FX we will all be making the announcements soon:lol:

Ikno the feeling, like every time you go on Facebook there's another pregnancy announcement, or ppl asking when your going to have a baby etc, getso me really down to. But we will have our bfps and making our announcements one day, and fx it's soon!! Xx

It's soooo hard.

To be honest there is 1 close friend that in my opinion was spiteful with the announcement of her 2nd to me.
I'm avoiding all contact with pregnant friends at the moment I just can't handle it! Since another misscarriage a few days ago I've cancelled so many social things.
As soon as someone says oh we are thinking of trying again for a baby soon even then my heart sinks as I have in the back of my head oh another one that will have another baby before me!
It seems utterly ridiculous for me to feel so jealous as I have a beautiful son but I do and I can't shake it off!

X

I'm so sorry to hear about your miscarriage. I saw another Facebook announcement again today and my heart sank. X

Tonks - I know what you mean. A girl at work told me they are going to start trying soon and I know she will be pregnant before me!

DH's cousin who has been with her partner just a few months put on FB that they have something really exciting to look forward to and all will be revealed in due course. Clearly pregnant. She has PCOS so I'm happy for her, but frustrated too as we have been waiting in the queue so much longer! Xx

Aww..I know the feeling.
DF and I decided back in June last year to ttc #2 so we come back off holiday and about a week or so later DF'S sister announced she was 11 weeks pregnant! We had no idea they wanted another and she has psos buf I felt we couldn't then start trying as everyone would think we was having another just because they were! Any way we officially began ttc in September but have so far been unsuccessful and had an early MC last month. DF'S sister had the baby 2 weeks ago so now it all baby this and baby that..He is gorgeous but I am struggling to cope which makes me feel awful! So don't worry I would say what you are feeling is normal and by the sound of it a lot of people are going through the same xx

Aww it is soo hard these days. especially with the constant stream of facebook updates of scan pics and baby pics! It can really get you down :cry:

My little sister is due her second baby any day now and I have been ttc even before her first.
at least we are all in the same boat on here :hug:

So the 'announcement' was just made! She kept it pretty low key, said congratulations looked at scan pics etc.... so not too bad, I am pleased for her she is a nice girl so its all good. (A little bittersweet perhaps)
Funnily enough I just started thinking they will be so shocked when its me making that announcement... which is weird as I normally think why isn't it me! lol! Get me and my positive thinking ;)

Last edited:
Good for you Stace, stay super positive! It will be your turn soon :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back