Yet another name thread, please help with a girls name!

Maaaaaac

Reaction score
This is a bit long but just to see where we are coming from!

So before we were even trying, boys name was picked. Nickname the memorial child because names are relatives that have died plus my husbands twin who was sadly stillborn. Girls name though, we are stumped. Beyond stumped.

My name is double barelled, two very simple names but together its fairly unusual. My husbands name is a nickname, so although the name is common, for it to be his birth name is also quite unusual. I go by mac because although i love my name, im sick of variations of it, my entire life people have got my name wrong and my husband is the same, people have called him the formal version but its not his name. So we would like a fairly unusual name but spelled easily if we had a girl. Whew, you still with me, congrats.

We both loved the name Athena, but im kinda going off it now! My OH doesn't seem to like anything else. Every name he associates with people haha! So he definitely wants something unique. I was thinking short and sweet Elva, Evie, Ava (i seem to like a lot of vowels) so wana throw some suggestions our way?

I totally get where you're coming from. My dad named my sisters and myself and we've always had to spell out our names or correct people. My name is Leah which isn't so unusual now but in the 80s it was. I grew up being called Lee/Leigh and having to spell my name. When I was pregnant we loved Aoife but I felt too bad for my child having to spell that out all her life!

I have no idea what you like so I'll throw some names out based on liking Athena :)

Aurora
Alena/Elena/Helena
Celeste
Ophelie
Luna
Thalia
Luella
Iris
Ivy
Violet
Autumn
Sage
Coral
Lucia

I'll keep thinking :lol: xx

Last edited:
Yeah living in NI, all my friends have Irish names, they had a terrible time with spellings.

Your suggestions are great. I love them especially Thalia, been saying them to the bump too getting some kicks! Only one OH liked was Luna but hey its one more than this morning.

Rae
Angel
Opal
Bernie
Dalia
Darcy
Delilah
Willow
Seren
Isla
Arianna
Ariel
Roche
Pippa
Ayr
Aura
Aira
Ella
Elle
Elise Elissa
Poppy
Kym
Karmen
Rain
Rachelle
Tiana
Tyra
Acia
Starlet Scarlett
Fern fion fife or fifer
Jessie
Harper
Houston
Hannah
Jak ( unusual for girl )
Kaitlyn Kiera
Kiara
Zoe zena zaschia
Xena
Carla cate cadence carry Carrie
Violet valentine Valencia viola
Bernice billy berry
Nina Naomi Natasha
Morgan Marie Maritsa Matilda
Molly milly moon mazey Maisey

Sorry if they are a bit out there but it's all the unusual ones I can think of :)

Oh wow! Youre so good at this when i tried google the suggestions were awful. My friends have a lot of kids with these names, i didn't even think they were unusual. So woo we've got more names on the list! Thank you so so much!

You will ins that different names are popular or unusual in different areas .

Where I live in a small village Harper is very rare and there's not a single child called Harper
I work in Liverpool and I know 2 colleagues with children called Harper who live in Liverpool !

Tyler . Kai , Jordan , Miley , Sophie and mikey are also popular in the city but rarely heard in my village . Must be trends in various areas lol ��

My personal choices for girls are

Evelyn rose ( evie for short )
Harper Lily
Willow Rae

And my boys are :
Ted William
Jacob William
Benjamin beau
Franklin Isaiah ( Frankie for short )

We are staying team yellow
Good luck with choosing :)

Ooooooh I love Rain from the suggestion never thought of that!! I'd love Winter too.
Xx

I love Alba, Raine, Rosalee, Cari. Some Welsh names Seren (star) Cariad (love) xx

Same prob here mac like some Irish names but worried about people being able to spell or pronounce them. I do like Evelyn and willow

My wee sis is Róisín and most of my friends have irish names i was toying with it but cant see one i like lol. Elva is Irish but OH hates it.

Oh Isla is beautiful!
Oh what else is on your list? We called my sis 'roaring roisin' cause she was always crying as a baby lol now its ro your boat or roro lol shes the youngest haha!

Lol people always end up with a nickname, mine is collywobbles lol, I like Aoife, Eireann for a boy most likely James after my granda and I like the name, I always liked Rosalie it's a variation of rose
I do like Isla my friends named their little girl Isla and it's very pretty on her
Dunno if there are any winters Irish names as I'm due in December

My nickname is mac but i forget its a nickname, i just use it as my name! I hate people saying my name wrong even though its so simple. Oh winter irish baby names, Robyn? Im going to have to think about that one. Rosalie is lovely. Very sweet name. For a boy we have Callum. Saw tge name Leora for a girl in a magazine, very different.

So think weve a name, its somple not tgat unusual but we both really love it, Lucy. I think its very sweet. Its also become a running joke with my husband that ill go ten days over and baby wikl born on Halloween, so hes now saying our little Lucifer which is kinda hilarious. Anyway thought id update

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back