Yellowish discharge/mucus plug?

Charlotte1993

Reaction score
Yellowish discharge/Mucas plug
Hello guys, abit worries here,
Over the past week or so, every time I have been to the toilet there as been a lot amount of yellowish/clear discharge that is like a slimy glue (No smell). I have been looking on the internet what it is but found no answers, so resorted to asking all you lovely mums to be/mums here.
I am 17W+6D currently pregnant, now into my 2nd tri. Is this the mucas plug coming away? What should I do if it is? What do you guys think?
Thanks in advance x

Last edited:
It's normal. You should be worried if there was a smell to it but discharge us really common.

Nah cervical mucus changes lots during pregnancy and at the moment mine is exactly as you described and lots of it

Mucus plug is usually bloody aswell. I once googled what it looked like as i thought i lost mine and boy did i regret that google search.

Mucus plug is usually bloody aswell. I once googled what it looked like as i thought i lost mine and boy did i regret that google search.

Oh... Remind me not to looj on google what it looks like :,(

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Google can be a scary place :lol:

My mucus plug came in bits from 36 weeks and none of it was bloody. It was kinda of like a jelly consistency and was clear/white, as opposed to a discharge. It sounds like this early on in the pregnancy it's more likely to be discharge, but mention it to your midwife at your next appointment if you're worried, and if there is any uncomfortableness, smell, or changes of colour then go to your GP to check for an infection.

If bits of your mucus plug do start coming away it's totally okay as it regenerates. Just mention it to your midwife. You'll know if the whole thing comes out because it'll be fairly large and most likely tinged pink with blood. (But this doesn't mean labour will start any time soon!)

Ever in doubt - call your midwife. You've had a horrible tragedy in the past so it's completely understandable you're worrying and questioning everything, so I'm sure they're more than happy to put your mind at ease x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back