Yellow snot like mucus stringy thing! TMI of course :(

Well, when the midwife tried to say stool yesterday, she said spoon! Bit different! She also spent the whole time calling me Vanessa! But anywho...well you could be right there of course. I don't know much about bowel coating muscus like stuff but I also, now this is tmi, wiped a bit from let's say, well ok I'll just say it...a different hole! Lol! X

And how nice that the bowl does this - I usually just get a bit of blood! I was cursing Pregnacare for constipation, not sure what I can blame now! It's not like I have poor diet! I've been for a stool ;) POO! Lol twice since yesterday and albeit painful, no more gunk! X

When you bear down for a poo, it's the same action as when you're giving birth, so I don't find it surprising that you would shift some cervical mucous if you're really straining. I suffer from constipation and I always get a bit of extra mucous come out after I strain.

It's horrible all the things that can go on with your bowels when you're pregnant lol. I had an impacted stool with my last pregnancy. Basically, a bit of poo got stuck and I couldn't go for about two weeks, plus I had excruciating pain if I tried. It came out while I was giving birth and it felt so massive I actually though I'd just delivered my son's head lol! How embarrassing was that! :D

Omg. All this poo talk is nearly making me wee myself laughing!

Poor you, suffolkmum, it is quite common though, but they just don't tell you, then it is a shock! The MWs have seen it all before, so nothing shocks them.

But you gotta laugh, right? Otherwise its just too gross to think about. When I was in Hosp last year, I would be asked by nurses 3 times a day if I had had a "bowel movement"? It became a running joke on the ward that all the nurses cared about was our poo activity, lol. All embarrassment was lost and it became a topic of discussion. Felt we were all turning into men, farting and talking about poo!

Omg. All this poo talk is nearly making me wee myself laughing!

Poor you, suffolkmum, it is quite common though, but they just don't tell you, then it is a shock! The MWs have seen it all before, so nothing shocks them.

But you gotta laugh, right? Otherwise its just too gross to think about. When I was in Hosp last year, I would be asked by nurses 3 times a day if I had had a "bowel movement"? It became a running joke on the ward that all the nurses cared about was our poo activity, lol. All embarrassment was lost and it became a topic of discussion. Felt we were all turning into men, farting and talking about poo!

Tell me about it......I was even happily eating my lunch as I was reading this thread earlier. Yep, officially becoming oblivious and immune to all this!! Who cares right, it's the health of our babies we're talking about!! I am taking this as good sign: that wonderful maternity will help us to overcome A LOT and to sort out our priorities (I know I need it!!) xx :)

Oh dear. I really just enjoyed my lunch! I know I should check this site less often!!

Yes Suffolkmum that does make sense! That sounds awful and I've heard of pooing during labour! I'm so going to be one of those women! I've been like this for a couple of months now. I'd usually think of constipation as not going for a few days, whereas I'm going every other day (just so you know, so you can sleep at night now ;)!) but I have a sudden urge to go, then a bit comes out, then I'm constipated, have to wander about and re-visit toilet a couple of times within ten mins! It hurts too and I think because it's happening so frequently I'm going to end up with piles! Oh how I wish for the days at the end of 2012 where I was pooing diarrhea with blood and white mucus leading to a lovely colonoscopy! Actually no, I'd rather have this! Hungry anyone?! X

Hahaha psml!!

When baby is born, you get obsessed with analysing poo and wee and every bodily function of baby, so this is good practice now! Also, at least now we are not up to our elbows in it yet!

I nominate dad to do all bum duties. I will take care of the feeding end. I wish!

I'm not good with poo, it's just one of those things I struggle with lol. My hubby deals with my 3yr olds poo, but if he steps out of the house for 10 minutes, the little rascal is guaranteed to do one just so I get the joy of potty duty. I got away with only having to do it once while I had morning sickness but that was enough - I spent the next hour trying not to retch lol.

It's not so bad when they're little, especially if you breastfeed, as the odour isn't like typical poo. But when they start on solids, then watch out! Oh, and meconium isn't the most pleasant substance to deal with lol, but at least it only lasts a day or so. :D

So much to look forward to!

Hi this is my first time in this forum .. was having a scan and came across this feed
I am 25 weeks now ... I had the exact same thing I can only describe as jelly like dark yellow blobby thing
I had it twice last week and went to the maternity unit both times ... they looked at my cervix took swabs and
did urine samples . All results came back clear no infections.
The said its unlikely the show / plug as it wasnt bloody ?
They dont really know what it is and just said it might just be my body ?
Baby girl still kicking alot ... feeling fine in myself apart from achey and tired x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back