Yellow snot like mucus stringy thing! TMI of course :(

vic30

Reaction score
Hi,

I have no pain, blood or cramping but I've just tried to go to the loo as I had a sudden urge! It was a struggle as I have been constipated on and off. When I wiped my hand felt wet urgh! And what I saw on the paper and on my hand was a thick yellow snot like mucus, stretchy and long and stringy. It was probably about 10cm long if I'd stretched it tight out.

I know I should be asking midwife but I'd like your opinions! As I know you're all knowledgeable and I'm wondering if I'm worrying about nothing! It couldn't be my plug could it? X

Mmm, I think I would ask mw for reassurance. I did have that kind of discharge a few weeks back but not so much, think it was just hormonal changes. It could mean an infection or could be nothing at all, our bodies seem to do strange things during pregnancy, hopefully its nothing x

Thanks Hun,

The midwife told me to ring the pregnancy assessment unit so I just have and they want me to go in at 4pm. It must've been the way I described it :( hope it's nothing but it definitely didn't look like discharge to me! x

Let us know how you get on, worth getting checked rather than ignoring, good luck xx

Sounds like a bit of your mucus plus but don't worry, it usually comes away and forms again :)

I hope everything goes well.

Hey hun.....I'm sure I've heard that sometimes the plug comes out in earlier stages of pregnancy and can reform again so mayb its that and they just want to check? Good luck, hope all is ok xx

Thanks ladies. Baby has just been kicking me so that's nice :) yes they says it can come away in bits or come and and re-grow and it doesn't mean I'm going into labour soon. To be honest it could've just fallen into the toilet without me knowing so I'm pleased I saw it in a way. I'm just hoping they don't do too much prodding! My SPD pain is killing at the moment! I'm sure they'll do what they need to x

I have had this a few times, looked down and it was long and hanging, just thought it was part of normal discharge. Its like ewcm x

Well all is fine. Baby's heart was racing away. My temperature was a bit high. They just did a cervical exam (ouch!) and cervix is closed which is good! She said there was a bit of mucus like I'd described but she took a swab of the creamy stuff. The stuff I had was very yellow and snot like, so very different from my usual discharge. Anyway they've sent swab off and I also had 1 leuc or whatever the abbreviation is in my urine so she sent that off too. She says most people have them (well I didn't on Tuesday!)

So nothing to worry about but it's still not like my discharge but hey ho. Oh I also have a small erosion on my cervix bit that was ok too apparently! I'm guessing if the cervix is long and closed then it couldn't have been my plug? I didn't ask enough questions as per usual but that's what she seemed to be implying. Anyway, I'm sure if I start bleeding or getting contractions I'll know about it! X

Glad all is ok, sounds like you might have a little infection going on, pretty common during pregnancy and should be easily treated x

I get this a lot when straining on the loo! Get very constipated this pregnancy & when I push there is alwwwwaaays discharge & on a few occasions a yellow snot mucus strip! Never got it checked out to be honest. Had with 1st pregnancy too & nothing seemed to be the matter so fingers crossed it's all fine xx

Thank you. We'll see. She said 'I can see a bit of the mucus you mentioned, it's probably thrush, in fact I don't even think it's that' so I'm not expecting it to be an infection to be honest. Still don't understand the plug issue. Is it inside your cervix? At least it was quicker than going to the doctors, I wouldn't have seen anyone there today. She also mentioned something about the erosion in my cervix causing more vaginal discharge. The colour was so odd though!

Leukocytes are white blood cells and are indicative of infection. Most people don't have them in their urine unless thye have an infection but not sure if they're more common in pregnancy for some reason!? |Don't think they treat a UTI unless you're symptomatic anyway. xxx

Yes apparently they are more common in pregnancy but not sure why. One of the midwives I saw today said, oh we get these all the time, most people have them in their urine, I mean I've probably got one! But we have to send them off anyway! That's what she said! And I thought well, I haven't had one before! The more I think about it, the more confused I am about it all. Still think I've lost a bit of my plug. I'm presuming the midwifes can't actually see the plug or absence of it otherwise she'd have said! Lol x

I've had this a few times too just presumed it was funny discharge, almost jelly like (bleurgh). It was different to when I lost my plug though. Plug was pinky/brown blood stained x

Yeah when my plug started coming out in labour I was constantly slimey (tmi!!) and it had brown & red blood streaks in it which got worse as time went on. Trust me, the 10cm yellow stretchy cm (if it is a bit of plug) is nothing compared to the real thing - mine was coming out for 20 hours!! Xx

Oh god! Haha. It was still a shock. It was like a big slug! Lol. Well, that's something for me to look forward to then! X

Not being funny, but could it have come from your bum? If constipated, it could be some of the lubrication mucus from your bowel that came out? It would usually coat the stool to ease its passage so you would not notice it, but if you were straining, or had a hard stool, it could have come out before or after the stool or on its own as a separate gunky bit. Who am I kidding, nobody in their right mind says stool - you know I just mean lump of poo, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back