yeahhhh....more sparkle

hels

Reaction score
its nice to see the feb baby club being used more, i was only thinking the other day there wernt many post on here.
Well im due on feb 5th, have found out that its a girl, so have decided to call her Charlotte Paige.
Im really excited, nervous, aprehensive, scared etc!
How are you all feeling? my back has just started to ache, but have been quite well so far. be lovely to hear how others at a similar stage to me are doing.
look forward to hearing how your all doing,

:wink: the feb club still isnt thriving, but it will be by the time we get to due date!!
thats a lovely name you picked hels! when did you find out the sex of the baby? i still havent chosen a fixed name.. i think i'm waiting to see its face before i decide for sure.. cant find any middle names for boys though.

well i don't think we've chatted before but i'm going to tell you how i am anyway lol :D
my back is dreadful as well, i hope that changes after the birth. nights are getting rough too as kicks wake me up, and i sleep quite sound :shock: ! i'm trying to tell myself its training.. otherwise i started antenatal classes on friday and it was great fun! i think its just an excuse for older couples to act as if they are in school again: 'what shows you you are going into labour?' >'me! me! it's contractions!!' ha ha that was so funny! like we dont know what a contraction is 7 months off the birth.. :D :D

i'm getting a tad nervous as well, but i'm sooooo curious that compensates for the rest.
have you got baby stuff yet? and what are you doing about back ache?
are any of you fab mums staying at work the latest possible?
good luck with everything and hopefully talk soon..

pip (and getting big I.E) xxx

Hi Pips....yeah we'll get it sparkling in here before end of feb!!!
Whats your EDD? I totally understand about chosing a name when you see the face. OH and i have only agreed on one name, so its sticking so far!! LOL. My gran was called Charlotte, and OH son liked Charlie, so it seemed to 'fit' middle names for boys are hard, we were totally stumped on boys names altgether!
My back is driving me mad, i have another 10 days at work, where it hurts the most, from sat at a computer. I have no ideas at all, the birthing ball isnt working so if you find any miricles....... :lol: :lol:

as for baby stuff we have the pram/pushcair/carseat and some bits and peices, but other wise waiting for january sales. would like a swing crib rather than a moses basket, so hope we'll find one with HUGE discounts (yeah right!! ll) Are you nearly sorted? whats been your best buy? Have you started with your hospital bag? i have quite a bit in there already, so organised in one sense!

i hope you find some ease on a night, and get some nice sleep!

hi hels!
you're an early riser on a sunday!!
is this your first child by the way?

i'm due 10 feb. i cant decide whether its going too fast or too slowly
by the way i reread my first answer and noticed i missplelled something (common mistake) but wrote 'fab mums' instead of 'feb mums' -yeah! we get the cool month!! 8) :D

as for baby stuff i have a pram/cot in my room, a pushchair for when its slightly older, random items of clothing (pink bunny slippers i'm in love with...), couple of bottles and cups and my biggest pride: my sling which is gorgeous and cost 2 pounds! i cant wait to have wee crumpet in it next to me.. anyway i shop mostly in charity shops for the mo and i'm really picky!
i'm looking for a nice baby seat thing for the bath though, any ideas?

the only thing i found for bad back is cooking a nice dinner for my flatmate so he accepts to massage me in a mixture of oils..

take care xxx

LOL yep early riser ok, but im still in my jim jams!!!!!
Had a lovely day of doing nothing at all!!!
Yeah this is my 1st, soooo exciting isnt it? My best buy has been my johnson & johnson baby monitors with movement sensors, they were £30 with P&P from ebay, £90 in the shops!
Well...dont think its worth getting dressed now do you??

no indeed there is no point... you might as well just stay snug in your jammies (thats what sundays are for). sob, i have to get dressed to go shopping

that was a good bargain hels! well done! i've just had a phone call from my cousin who has found a bouncer thing for 4 pounds, sounds good to me.

have you done your birth plan yet? i havent even looked at it, but its not on priority list... my bag is not done either. the only thing i have ready in case of emergency birth is 20 pounds put somewhere safe so i can jump into a taxi.. also i'm really only going to take baby stuff to hospital, apart from tshirt for me and knickers (and oils and music for birth).
have you got everything they recommend?

xmas seems like nothing preparation wise!!

I have packed some water spray stuff for my face, and some rescue remedy, dunno what its like but has been reccommended!
As for the birth plan.....god knows, im really confused at the mo, birth centre, natural water birth with tens, aromotherapy etc, or epidural at hospital. what are you going for?
i dont want an episiotomy, wud rather tear.
Must get some tunes sorted and put on disc, gonna do a few types ie 'happy songs' 'mellow stuff' etc.
talk soon!

i think that as soon as everyone is off on maternity leave it will get busier in here :lol:

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.......only 7 working days till i finish work. a week on friday!!
when does everyone else finish?

I'm just sneaking into Feb club to say - I FINISH NEXT FRIDAY TOO!!!

sob :( being a student i dont get maternity leave, i stop when
a) i cant move anymore..
b) contractions start! lol

nearly the hols though! i'm so excited...
and when i get back and catch up with you guys we'll all be HUGE!!!! tee hee

my last day at work will be on the 6th of january. not too long to go and i can hardly wait!!!

OH MY GOD....... Ive just realised....53 days to go, how exciting!
I feel like im wishing my life away...but this is my last week at work!! Its all so exciting!!!

Hi all well at last i have started my maternity leave as rfom the 3rd dec i mean the time seems to be going so fast aww not that long to go now!!!

Am I mad to be working up to 3 Feb? It seemed like the best plan at the time, but I just worry that I'll be really tired!! I've arranged it so that I can take a day off each week, but I may end up taking work home just to get everything ready for the person who's going to take over from me.

You girls are already thinking about your hospital bags?!?!?!! I've got a list somewhere, but I haven't even decided which bag to take, let alone packed it!!

no you're not mad! i had planned to work until the week before my due date, but changed it a little while ago as i realised i wouldn't be able to carry on AND stay sane! lol

i get a lot of aching in my ribs, and can't concentrate at all... plus get really tired when i get in from work, to the point where my entire evening is spent on the sofa. so i thought if i'm THAT knackered i won't be giving my body the best chance to cope with labour in the way it is meant to. hopefully now i will have a couple of weeks to put my feet up and rest before the big event!

hi

my last day is the 30 december. Even though my baby is due in feb, i will be having a c section in january, so i didnt know what club to join, but technically this is the correct club for me. i wanted to be in the fab febs. lol

I know this is the due in feb post and im not due till the 1st of March but heres hoping hey!
I gave up work around 22 weeks, it was mainly due to the fact that I started a college course in sept with hope of getting in to uni next year so alot of my time is taken up with study....I was hoping id be able to do both till the bitter end but the course is very demanding and more important in the long run.....I really dont know how ppl go on working so long....i couldnt cope....or is that just cos im a moaner lol

I really couldnt work until 38 weeks, much credit those who do!
I did consider staying on another couple of weeks, but i have got the idea in my head now. Id like a little time to myself doing 'nesting' type things, and also just taking it easy. yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......4 working days left!!!!
nice to see some more posts on feb club!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back