Yayyyy! Last shift at work today for one year!!!

Chrissi

Reaction score
So I decided to take my leave as Early as possible, due to the fact I work with challenging- deafblind people. Also the fact that I'm up and down stairs all day cripples me after 9 hours at work. So as of tomorrow I'll be on maternity leave and I'm so excited as I still have energy to get everything done!
I'm glad I chose to do it this way as was worried whether I'll have enough time with Baby, but seeing some of my mummy friends take theirs at 36/37 weeks and not able to do much as they're so tired and achy it seems pretty worth it!
Anyone else taking theirs early?

My last shift is Sunday. This week has draaaaaged! Lol. I've taken my annual leave and start mat leave officially in 1st March. Need to start packing the hospital bag and get last minute things for the baby. I cant wait. I want to rest as much as possible but also get things done. Xx

I finished at 34 weeks, when I had my son I finished at 37 weeks. I don't mind so much this time as I am now part time when I was having son I was full time and I wanted more time off.
I had loads planned to relax and it never came about!
The house finally got sorted out last week so its just keeping on top of it, I have a planned section next friday so this week was my chill out week to do things for me, hair, wax, films etc however my son was off for past 2 days poorly so I haven't had chance at all so hopefully next week I will get to do it!

I feel like a bit of a cheat starting mine so early, but I'm starting to obsess over the cleaning and getting everything perfect! I'm also waiting for a nice sunny and breezy day to get the baby things washed, and hung on the line... Just so all the neighbours know haha! I'm not due til 1St April, but I have the biggest feeling she may be a March baby!
I'm now hoping to get some shelves bought and put up, so we can get proper storage. Also a display cabinet and somewhere to hide coats and shoes, as our front door is in the lounge. Hubby is going to have a heart attack when he sees the list of I wants!

I finished at 38+1, was originally planned to finish at 38+6. I just couldn't hack it any more, always tired! I do wish baby would hurry up now though, as they're overdue and missing out on mummy time whilst I'm on maternity leave until mid-October!

I finished at 28 weeks with my daughter as that was when the school summer term finished (I'm a teacher). However I didn't have as much time as I'd planned as she arrived at 33 weeks.
Still I'd got everything ready and organised so I was very pleased I'd left work so early

I'm planning on leaving at 29 weeks using my annual leave, maternity leave starting officially at 33wks. I'm struggling with pgp already at 21wks and all day with a 3.5yr old and a 16m old then doing 4 hrs of cleaning in the evening until 11pm! It's just a long day and I'm not worried about going back as may not need too as hubby is changing jobs. Plus I miss spending time with my hubby as I run out the door as he comes home from work xx

With my daughter I started my maternity at 29 weeks. I done care in the community and couldn't handle the split shifts and driving around all day, it was a killer. It was nice to have time off before the birth because I got so much done and had a lot of rest too. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back