WWT- Constantly elevated heart rate

KR2019

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm new to the site. My husband and I are probably going to start trying to have a child next year and I am worried about my heart rate. Since I was in high school (about 10 years ago) I have had an elevated heart rate--resting heart rate is usually around 95 bmp at the lowest. When I exercise on the elliptical, my heart rate stays just under 200 bpm. This hasn't really caused any issue in my daily life; I don't feel sickly or anything like that. But I am concerned how this could affect a little one growing inside me.

We move around a lot, since my husband is in the hospitality industry, so I don't have an established relationship with any doctors. I have been visiting with a nurse practitioner for my thyroid medications, but our visits are very short and I have never brought this up with her.

I am currently about 40 pounds overweight, but I have the same issue when I am a healthy weight, dieting, laying off of caffeine, and exercising about 5 days a week. I do not smoke or drink. It's been ongoing for a long time. And I'm just now beginning to worry about it. I have brought it up to nurses in the past, but it has usually been discredited saying that I am just nervous or have anxiety. While this is true, even when I am resting at home in bed, my heart rate is elevated.

I guess I'm posting here to see if anyone else has had this issue in their life? Or if anyone knows the types of questions I should be asking my nurse practitioner? I'm scared to bring it up, because I have been told so many times that is just anxiety. I feel like there's something else going on.

Thanks for reading.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back