Wtt-early diagnoisis of PCOS-feeling a not deflated :-(

Frankinstein12

Reaction score
Well as the title says!

My totm's used to be fairly bang on time, but since November they've been non existent, anyhow, I've had various tests done, still waiting for someone results but the doctor suspects pcos, scan showed enlarged ovaries with numerous cysts,

Anyhow, initially I was and am really gutted but no use dwelling and all that jazz, so I'm thinking positive as I'm going back to uni in September to complete my PGCE, so very excited but also quite stressed lol

The other half and I are wanting to try for a baby late this year, early next year, I'm not keen on the idea just yet of using 'medication' to stimulate that, but would rather try and control the pcos with a better diet, which is what I'm currently trying to adapt.

So as it stands at the mo, I'm waiting around :)

X

Welcome to WTT :wave:

I have PCOS too :hug: The issue is that as it is mainly hormonal, there is an element that you can't improve with good diet. Weighing less does improve some aspects such as periods but that's not guaranteed.

I spelt my header wrong lol meant to say 'bit' haha predictive on phone mixed with a late night lol

I heard he paleo diet is good for pcos, as its insulin resistant based? So the foods you eat are non carbs, non processed etc

I'm currently overweight, which is something I'd like to tackle now, I'm about 4 stone over weight, I feel like I'm in a fat suit as I used to be slim! I actually mourn my skinnier self :-(
I desperately need a kick up the bum with my diet, even more so as I'm going to America again in 4 weeks and I put on like a whole stone last time I was there

Eep!

X

I spelt my header wrong lol meant to say 'bit' haha predictive on phone mixed with a late night lol

I heard he paleo diet is good for pcos, as its insulin resistant based? So the foods you eat are non carbs, non processed etc

I'm currently overweight, which is something I'd like to tackle now, I'm about 4 stone over weight, I feel like I'm in a fat suit as I used to be slim! I actually mourn my skinnier self :-(
I desperately need a kick up the bum with my diet, even more so as I'm going to America again in 4 weeks and I put on like a whole stone last time I was there

Eep!

X

Due to my other health conditions the paleo diet would be difficult.

I'm 8 stone over my ideal weight right now :O To be fair, the idea weight was not even practical when I was thin!

Are you using any form of medication etc to control your pcos? I'm all new to this really only got the diagnoisis recently and waiting on some yet more blood tests for my androgen levels

X

Are you using any form of medication etc to control your pcos? I'm all new to this really only got the diagnoisis recently and waiting on some yet more blood tests for my androgen levels

X

I'm on Metformin for it. I looked into going on the pill to help with some of my symptoms, however I'm not allowed to go on it due to other health problems.

dont let it get you down. I was 35 last year, had PCOS since I was 19 and I got pregnant the 2nd month of trying.

ok I used temping, EPO, soft cups, SMEP, OPKS and dtd in the afternoons but something worked!

Don't let pcos cause you too much stress! I was diagnosed the month my ex left. When I met my partner I told him upfront that things could be difficult when ttc so when we were readyish we went with ntnp with no charting or anything thinking it would take 1year+ and I was pregnant the second cycle. Good luck!

Last edited:
Hello!

I know this thread hasn't had a post for a little while but I just thought I'd say hello and wondering how you are Frankenstein? I've done a PCGE....can't imagine being pregnant/trying to get pregnant whilst doing that mind you!!!

I've just registered with this forum as we are waiting to try after having a very early miscarriage a few weeks ago (unplanned pregnancy actually, probably unusual for this site!) but we'd like to have children soon if possible. Anyway, I was diagnosed with PCOS this time last year when I was in hospital. As this was not why I was in (I'll so not go there as I'm still ill and it's a long story lol) they just told me I have the cysts, and a year later it hasn't been mentioned again. I have nearly all the nasty symptoms associated with the syndrome side of it too. So goodness knows if there's something I should be on hormone wise now I'm trying to conceive...well, after my period starts. Who'd have thought I'd actually WANT THAT to start!! lol So I'm all a bit confused about the whole thing really! Any advice to do with PCOS and trying to get pregnant would be welcome! I'll have a chat with GP...I seem to live there at the moment!!!!!

Thanks ladies and hope you're all ok xxx

Oh and I have a good diet and I'm not overweight!???!! Also, what I meant to write for hope for us all is that my mum had PCOS and she has two children :) xx

Hi all,
I have also recently been diagnosed with possible PCOS and Endometriosis, going for second scan and examination tomorrow and since the symptoms started in Jan this year my periods have slowed down (used to be 28 day cycle)' I'm currently on day 40 with no sign this month. It's worrying when you're in these early stages, we've not ttc yet, so could be worry for nothing (my nurse also said she had PCOS and had 5 children!). The odd thing for me is I wasn't interested in remotely ttc before this news, now it's worrying me (nothing like all of a sudden thinking you might want something because you might not be able to get it!)
Hope you're all not worrying too much
Xx

Sorry to hear that BettiePage and I do know what you mean. I hadn't thought of ttc before hearing it last June, though I had more pressing matters on my mind as was in hospital with dizziness. A year later (still with daily dizziness!) we are now ttc next month after the craziness of miscarriage the last few weeks. Like you say, don't worry too much as plently of women with PO go on to have children, hexk, i heard that 1 in 4 women have cysts on their ovaries! It must be strange to have a change in your period cycle though, mine have always been irregular...am hoping to be on my period soon...still can't believe I'm typing that as I have very heavy periods, but at least I'll know where I'm at. Good luck to you for your scan etc

xx

Thanks vic30 and so sorry to hear what you've been going through. Wish you all the best for next month. Xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back