Would you...............

Yes i would too if it was the one i wanted and it seemed in good condition.

I would be careful with the car seats as you dont know if they have already been in an accident.

I have a 2nd hand carseat but it came from my sis whos little boy has grown out of it so i know its ok.

I'd be very wary of buying a 2nd hand car seat. They are tried and tested and improved on all the time by the makers and as has been said, you can never be sure what damage they may have sustained from someone else. It's not worth the risk IMHO. You have no come back on the manufacturers if there is ever a problem either.

I'd always buy new with a car seat.

And I don't buy anything off of Ebay so can't comment about the pram :lol:

they say carseats are ok if they havant been in an acident as bloom said
generaly if they come as a package they are normaly ok though :)
manda xx

Yes, brought our £600 travel system off ebay for £175, hardly used :cheer:

Wouldn't buy a carseat though for the reasons suggested above. I think Evie's carseat is the only thing we've brought brand spanking new! :D

i would buy a pram from ebay, but probley not a car seat

i didnt and im so chuffed with it , cant get the colour or set now from m&p so it was either buy 2nd hand ( its only 6 months old ! ) or not get what i wanted , i also didnt have the budget to buy this set from m&p anyway ! as for the car seat , ive had trust that it hasnt been in a accident and u would hope a fellow mum wouldnt sell u something that has , everything is mint condition tho and ive saved hundreds that can be spent elsewhere

I have 2 2nd hand travel systems! 1 to keep at mums as she will look after little one alot. One from a carboot - Mamas and Papas Pliko P3 and one from OHs Mate, a Graco Deluxe. Both were in great condition - I will only be using the car seat from the Graco because we know its not been in an accident. We paid £40 for the Graco and £60 for the P3.

I personally wouldn't buy a pram second hand but thats my loss cos you can get some great bargains. I'm a bit funny with second hand stuff anyway, it makes me feel queasy. Just me being stupid :oops:

When we sold James' old baby stuff years ago a lot of it was in fantastic condition and we got next to nothing for it.

With carseats I think it's best not too as you don't know if it's been in an accident.
Saying that though, I can't imagine any parent would sell something knowing that it's dangerous, I would hope not anyway! :shock:

I got a 2nd hand Luna pushchair off ebay and it's in great condition and cost a third of the price. Delighted with it. I'm debating the car seat thing too. I'm wavering at the moment because there's so many of the type we want on ebay and they're loads cheaper. We're really trying to save every penny we can to enable me to be off work for more than 2 weeks! On the other hand there's no way I'd want to buy anything dangerous..... Toughie :think:

Thanks everyone :) I think I'm going to buy the pram from ebay, (it's the Ultima plus the Pilko for a bargain price) it does come with the carseat but seen as I'll be saving so much money I think I'll buy a brand new one myself, just to be on the safe side :)
I'll hopefully be able to pick the pram up myslef, so if it's in shit condition I can say no!

I would be careful with a car seat but we've bought a pram and almost everything else second hand from ebay - we are going to order a new pram mattress though.

I figure that the money I save will mean extra days and weeks I can stay at home with bub. We're not rich, saving £400 on a pram is two weeks longer I can have with the baby all day - there's no way the baby will care it's not new, and there's no way I'll care more about that than the time it buys me.

I wouldn't buy a pram from Ebay, but that's just cause I'm fussy and want stuff to be brand new. But if you're happy with it and it's a good deal, go for it! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back