Would you no if had a infection after a episiotomy?!

Nat28

Reaction score
As title says would you no ? And if so how would you no you had a infection any signs? Ive had a cold since giving birth, and keep getting hot and cold sweats, think its just to do with my cold but getting paranoid now! Also past couple days my foof has ached not really where stitches are more higher up think could be bruising or somethingx

Has a midwife checked your stitches? It's very normal to get hot and cold sweats after giving birth and the type of pain you get will vary. I found it worse when the bruising was coming out. Thankfully mine didn't get infected so I'm not sure how you would know but if you're not sure, ask someone to check them for you.x

Infections usually are accompanied by a funny smell and discharge.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

She checked them last sunday but thats it, ill get her check them when she comes again, there no funny smells or anything not noticed no discharge but then dont think i would with me bleeding aswell, i think thats whats happening with me the bruising is coming out as my foof feels bruised, im just paranoid itl get infected but im doing all i can keep it cleanx

You'll get the sweats alot hun I still am its ur body ridding itself of all the excess fluid xx

Oh thanks seonaid i never new that! I thought it was me getting a fever! X

Any discharge would likely smell offensive and you'd feel generally unwell. From what I've heard you'd know all about it if you had an infection x

Still practicing on the new phone.....

Yep my night sweats are crazy just now. . But its all good helping shift excess fluid xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back