Would you divorce over a kiss?

Julia

Reaction score
Just a quick question: do you think a kiss (and nothing else) is a reason for a marriage to end?

Julia xx

no but by the end of the hard time i gave him he would have wished i had :evil:

It depends on the circumstances. For me it's all about trust and if my OH kissed someone else I would always wonder if/when he would do it again. This would in the end eat me up inside and it would probably end up with us splitting anyway.

My ex did more than just kiss another woman, I took him back, my mates told me I was stupid to and that he would do something similar again. I didn't listen to them...I wish I had! :roll:

I guess I am a little biased on this subject :|

A kiss? No I don't think its worth ending a marriage for. IMO its quite a daft thing to do if its only based on a kiss.

If there are other underlying reasons behind it then maybe its time for a rethink but still not to end a marriage unless it had really gone beyond repair. Marriages take care and effort to make them work. People make mistakes even then. I think its about realising what you have or don't have with a person and looking at it from all angles.

No not for a kiss, but I would give them hell on earth and ask them why should i stay married to him if hes more interested in ramming his tongue down other womens necks!

Sex would be the only reason id end a marriage.

definately there is a line of respect between you in a relationship and once you cross it theres no going back you've already shown you dont respect your partner enough by kissing someone else whats to stop you doing it again and going even further if you know you'll be forgiven. a leopard never changes its spots!! (IMO)

_Rosie_ said:
definately there is a line of respect between you in a relationship and once you cross it theres no going back you've already shown you dont respect your partner enough by kissing someone else whats to stop you doing it again and going even further if you know you'll be forgiven. a leopard never changes its spots!! (IMO)

Amen sister!

I have learned from experience that things like an "innocent" kiss are just the beginning, and I wont give any man the cnace to hurt me like that again. When your married, a kiss is NEVER just a kiss IMO its also a sign of weakness, of disrepsect and unloyalty, and proves that he is capable of cheating. If my OH kissed someone else...it doesnt matter how much I love him, that would be it. And I know he would react the same way if it was the other way around and I completely respect that.

I don't think its as simple as "you made a mistake - you're gone". You have to understand the reasons behind the action. Is there an underlying reason - are they unhappy with something, are there emotions in a mess (for whatever reason) or did they just do it for the heck of it with no thought for the consequences?

If you can understand the why then you can start to figure out if there is a future.

Yeah it's not really as black and white as a divorce. I think there is a very high chance I would though. Like others have said it's not just about the action of a kiss, it's what it mean ie break of trust and a massive betrayal. I'd be heartbroken if I thought OH had kissed another woman. :cry:

I would really have to know the motives behind the actions before I threw away my marriage. I know that in this scenario the other party has already made a mistake but I'd like to know that I tried my best to make my marriage work before ending it. I hope I'll be able to weather the storms that are bound to happen in the coming years. I am inspired by my grandparents who are celebrating 60 years of marriage this coming weekend.

I couldn't trust my OH afterwards so our relationship would be all but over even if we didn't split. It shows lack of respect as well- which to be is almost as important as trust.

Plus I wouldn't believe it was just a kiss... very rarely do these things start and end with an innocent snog...

As others have said circumstance would play a big factor but the whole breaking trust issue would really come into it I don't know if I could trust again and if I couldn't that would have to be it but I don't think anyone could say 100% until in that situation.

I can just imagine it must be both completely heartbreaking but also almost 'trivial' when its put aside marriage, not making light of the act though, but I don't think I would end my marriage because of a kiss, but that's based on not knowing the full details of the act :think:

I suppose its more a question of forgiveness than trust, as trust is sometimes broken hastily or without thinking, it doesn't mean you do not love the person, it does not mean it will happen again, whereas forgiveness it thoughtful and honest. Plus, past experience will always play a big part, but its up to the 2 people in the marriage at the end of the day, neither response is right or wrong, we must all make our own way.

I hope you sort something out and are happy about that decision Julia, very best wishes :hug: :hug: :hug:

Definatley, my ex of a long time ago slept with someone else.
I tried to stay with him but never forgave him and it just ate away at our relationship.
Everytime he went out id wonder if he would stray again.

I think that kissing someone else is disrespecting what you have a s a couple .

I depends if they kissed him and he rejected it, of if he kissed back or started the kisses, then I would want to understand why. Could be the start of the end, could be issues we both needed to address, but not worth splitting over. any more or if there was lust/love involved then bye bye, his loss! Disrespectful.

id be fuming if OH kissed anyone else.... I dont think id want a divorce but it depends on why he kissed someone else... Like, does he have feelings for her and its the start of an affair? If so, he can p*ss off cos we'd probably split anyway, but if it was just a drunken thing, i think id try and stay with him but i know what my tempers like :twisted: I have trust issues anyway, so i reckon id be such a b*tch to live with he'd end up leaving me :rotfl:

I just try to think of the everyday situations where you could "just" kiss some one that isnt your OH I am completely miffed as to how full blown affairs start "because it was a accident" I love my OH so much I make sure everyone knows too! So in my mind someone would have to be stoopid to even try and kiss me so I would hope if he loves me he would be the same.

I wouldn't divorce him outright....but all the issues that go along with it all I know It just wouldn't work.

I dont think its the kiss, its the circumstances.
for instance, my baby daddy decided to tell me he hated some girl in work she wanted him, snet him filthy msgs, he says hes jsut replying to keep her sweet in work, calls her a man and stuff around me, then i find out he had his tongue down her throat on a night out, it was circumstances not the kiss itself but i dont want him near me again, plus when i asked him about it he said he couldnt remember kissing her. :wall:

My ex however, we'd broken up, he wanted me back, but got drunk and slept with some girl we know. He rang me up told me about it in tears and begged forgiveness even though he hadnt even cheated lol. I can trust him again as he told me when he didnt have to, and i know how sorry he was. However the girl involoved tried to hide it from me and tried to get with him again whilst we were out togheter so i dont talk to her anymore.

It can be forgiven, its circumstances

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back