WOULD U NO WOT TO DO????

Dee1985

Reaction score
Hi girls,
just wonderin have any of u done first aid? i never have but it is some thing i wished i had done... READ BELOW AND U MIGHT CONSIDER IT!!!!

when Dior was 8weeks old the worst thing happened my 3yr old brother gave her a sweet when she was in her mosses basket, i didnt realise untill i went up to her and she was blue, i picked her put and she started to choak i didnt have a clue wat to do i screamed luckly i was at my mums my mum took her off me and hung her upside down dior went red looked like her head was goin to explode i was so usless i grabbed her off my mum and started shackin her then nothin was wrkin and dior went floppy and blue i held her in my arms wudnt let my mum take her and i sat therfe cuddlein her!!!! in my head i fort she is dyin so i want her to die in my arms???
then i gave her to my mum and ran in to the other room and broke my heart for about 30 seconds i believed my daughter was dead!!!!!
god knows y it is mad how u react in these situations the amberlance came TOOK DIOR FROM ME AND MANAGE TO PUSH THE SWEET DOWN DIOR THEN NEEDED A BIT OV HELP BUT THEY GOT HER BREATHING
they gave me a bolikin bout leavin her alone sayin she is to young for sweets!!!!!!!
yh i no but my lil bro was only lookin in to her basket i was in the room.
but any way i do wish i knew wot to do with a choakin baby if it wernt for the amberlance she would be dead! and i was so wrong to shake her!!!!!!!!
its mad how i was i just wanted to cuddel her instead ov help her!!!!

OMG, what a nightmare!

I have done first aid, but not on babies.

I might have to look that one up somewhere.

You poor thing! So glad she was OK.

i was in shock all day even my dad cryed!!! it was horrid!
she only weighed 6lb wen she was 8weeks old and my mum held her upside down and had to hit her back real hard! poor lil thing was all bruised i felt liuke such a let down to her wen i was told by nurse that i shouldnt ov hit her back or shake her! its mad how u act wen ya in shock

i posted a post here about baby resusciation. apparently it is supposed to be included in your antenatal classes, but i suppose it depends on your area.

i did it here in Eastbourne and it covered baby choking. now i have got the 8 page leaflet talking you through it all at home. i can copy it at work but as my computer is not working at home i am not able to put it on this forum to copy. i would be willing to copy it and send it to someone who is able to put it onto this forum.

anyone able to do that.

x

thats really good, but it is different for a baby. you dont do chest thrusts on a baby, well that is what we were taught

Hello

That is so sad it almost mad me cry, she is one lucky baby girl to be alive today its amazing how in one sec her life can be in trouble.
My Oh knows how to do it on anyone of any age,even pregnant women which is a good thing he had to learn it for work, but i have no idea, i skipped out of the class in school cuz i didnt want to practice on a dummy Guess i should of stayed in class.
Well i hope this never happens to any of us again.
Take care.
Katrina

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back