Would progesterone delay a mc?

PeanutButter

Reaction score
Hi ladies,
Currently on 400mg cyclogest 1 pessary daily. Just wondering if my body is trying to mc, would the progesterone stop me expelling the pregnancy from my body?
So many different answers on google.
Heartbeat was seen at 5/6 weeks. Not had a scan since and I'm getting anxious. Xx

Last edited:
I have absolutely no idea I'm afraid sweet but I just wanted to offer some support as it's horrible being so anxious.. Have you any reason to think you may be miscarrying again? Or is it just playing on your mind? Hope you find some answers soon xx

For some ladies yes, for others no. Sorry that isn't helpful but I don't think there is a definitive answer. After seeing a heartbeat at that stage you have a nearly 80% chance of it all being ok. We also had an early scan and then nothing until over 12 weeks and I was terrified the whole time. I was struggling not to cry when we finally got in the scan room. Luckily the lady scanning was great when my oh explained why I was so on edge.

When is your next scan? Think positive Peanut!

Nothing to make me feel like it, no bleeding, ive always had bleeding with the rest, they also told be I'm probably going to bleed because of the pessaries but I haven't. So that's good. Worrying because 1 twin died so other one might :( one minute I'm having panic attacks thinking it's all over, the next I'm planning on how were telling our parents :/
Next scan is on Saturday. Keep getting painss and twinges sometime super painful, but low I'm my vajayjay, but baby is high in uterus apparently. So idk what's causing that. Doesn't feel like 'bad' pain. Never had it with mcs so hopefully it means everything is moving around lol xx

Oh bless you it must be so horrible :( All good signs so yes, try and stay positive! I had all sorts of awful pains in the beginning so please be reassured that they're not necessarily danger signs - some of mine had me doubled over in pain but it's just your uterus getting ready for a whole lotta stretching! Must be so disconcerting for you though.. Good luck for your next scan, you'll be another step closer to your baby :)

So glad to see everything's going well with your pregnancy Snowbee xx

I had stretching and period like pains/cramps a lot in first trimester, it's just everything growing to accommodate baby. Hang in there, first trimester is a tense time for anyone but bless you after what you've been through xxx

No heartbeat. Lost the baby. So looks like progesterone does delay a MC. X

This is terrible news :( I am so sorry Peanut xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back