would love some advice

colours

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm new to this forum, I need abit of advice and would love to hear others opinions and experiences, 2 years ago I had my little boy he weighed in at 11lbs 12oz he was delivered by c-section. I was 2 weeks + overdue and had to be induced with pitocin (which was absolutely horrible) so I had to have an epidural. After about 12 hours I was rushed in for an emergency section because I wasn't progressing, I went up to 7cm then back down to 4?. I am now 38 weeks pregnant, this pregnancy is considered high risk due to my previous section, my last scan for fetal growth was at 36 weeks and they said she is approx 2.5kg, but I know not all scans are accurate they can be a pound off either way. I have been told by my midwife that the doctors will not let me go past 40 weeks due to my section scar. I am absolutely terrified that I will have to be induced again. I just have a horrible feeling baby will not come naturally and I will have to go through what I went through with my first. I am not going to the same hospital as last time but I still have that fear of it all going wrong again! I want her to come either on time or a week or so early but I know labor can't be forced, I'm just so scared :-( any advice will be appreciated. Thank you for reading ladies I look forward to reading some replies x

Last edited:
Hi, when I was pregnant and due to drop I got told to drink raspberry tea? If I am honest it made no difference to me and I had an equally as difficult birth as what you did, but I didn't have the c section but I did have to go to surgery afterwards to have my placenta manually removed; I was induced as well. I understand your concerns around a second complex birth, but I would just advise that you use your experience in a more positive way and think well this is what happened last time, so maybe it might happen again; maybe it won't. You cannot control how the birth will go unfortunatley, but you have been there before and know what to expect. Back to the raspberry tea, some ladies claim it helped them bring labour on so I guess it is worth a try.. hope this helps xx

You could ask your midwife for a sweep, it didn't do much for my stubborn LO but lots of ladies think it kick started something for them

I had a section last time and I won't be getting induced if I go over. I will have my placenta monitored and as long as that's ok, I will wait as long as needed to start naturally x

I was lucky not to end in c-section with mine- I was induced at 42 weeks but baby still didnt come til 3 days later and I had the works to get things moving and ended up with forceps and episiotomy. I can completely understand ur concerns about this time round hun, but I guess u just have to accpet that u cant control it- the only way u could take any control I guess would be to have an elective section which Im guessing u dont want?.....Second time round is meant to be quicker/better from what I hear, so it could very well all be much nicer this time round. Try to stay as relaxed as poss about it (hard I know!) and hopefully that will help things to progress naturally. Fingers crossed u get the labour u want this time round hunny xxxx :)

Thank you for your replies ladies. I had a 40 week midwife appointment, my cervix is very high but soft so I'm hoping within the next week something happens because otherwise I will be taken in for an induction. I have tried raspberry leaf, sex, walking but I don't think they have helped, I am going to try a birthing ball for an hour or so tonight, have a hot curry and try getting jiggy again (as midwife has recommended lol) let's see how it goes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back