Worsening morning sickness

kaz1983

Reaction score
Had nausea and the odd actual puke over the last few weeks but since Saturday its got worse :( was back and forward to the toilet attempting to be sick and in the end had to make myself sick though only a little came up (sorry tmi). Sunday and Monday were not too bad managed to eat and keep it down. Tuesday was awful felt sick from the minute I got up everytime I ate I felt really sick and had to go to the toilet god knows how many times at work was hardly at ma desk. Took me nearly an hour to eat not evn half my lunch as I just couldnt eat it no matter how hard I tried.

So today went out for lunch with a friend and thought I will play safe and got some soup. Also got some curly fries as chips seem to be one of the things that are able to stay down. I sat more or less hunched over my lunch trying my hardest to eat it which eventually I did but again took me nearly an hour.

I am going to say to midwife nxt Friday as I cant go on eating just to have to make myself sick its not good for me or the minion and I cant eat constantly just to stop myself feeling sick.

Has anyone else had this where nothing seems to want to stay down?
Also since being pregnant and even before my belly has never rumbled though it feels like its in mid rumble constantly??

Thanks girls xx

Sounds rough....I haven't had it as bad as you do as it's just the constant nausea and fear of being sick (esp at work when there have been a few times of running to the loo just in case!)

My doctor told me that there is a safe medicine he can prescribe for morning sickness which i was thinking of getting for emergencies (mainly as am off to south America next week) which doesn't affect the baby at all and is safe to take. I'm afraid I didn't take any notice of the name at the time, but will check it out when I have my scan with him on Monday and let you know. I'm not sure there are many drugs that are totally safe to take during pregnancy but it might be worth checking out with your doctor if you really are not coping with the sickness at all, I'm keeping an open mind about it and figure it's worth having with me if I have a real crisis when I'm away....

Really hope you feel better soon xxx

Last edited:
Thanks Islandgirl that would be great to let me know the name......the nurses at work said that a sterinett (? spelling) is supposed to take the sick feeling away so think I will get one when I go in today see if that helps

Hope your scan goes well on Monday xx

My sickness started at 6 weeks until 22 weeks and has returned these last few weeks. For 2 months I couldn't eat anything and survived on ice pops. It was so bad I was bed ridden as any movement or smell set me off. Eating plain food regularly helped even if I threw some of it up. It sucks I know, good luck :)

I have awful awful sickness to hun im feeling right sorry for myself and terrified it will affect my lil bean x

Oh VikkiR you poor thing suffering all that time....I feel I am eating rubbish all the time just because thats what seems to stay down. I am going to avoid bread and rolls as I really struggle with those xx

Amyrose I feel the same as you I dont want to carry on throwing everything up cos I know its not good for me or the minion xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back