worrys

charlie26

Reaction score
Is it just me or is anybody else who knows the sex of their baby worried it may come out been the complete opposite?

I have bought loads of clothes ALL IN PINK!!

As the time gets nearer im considering booking a scan (cant afford it at all). Just to check.

I didnt want to wash all her clothes then it come out a boy, dont get me wrong it would be loved either way. xxx

Awwwww... I'm positive it'll be a girl. I think they only say they can't be 100% certain to cover their backs - but they wouldn't tell you if they weren't sure. My SIL and my sister both were told pink bundles and sure enough they both had girls. I wouldn't worry hon.

We're having a boy, I think it's a little different because even we could see his dingaling so it's impossible for it to be wrong. But even with us we were told they can never be 100% certain LOL

She said something like she could see 3 vessels on the scan?? xx

I was pretty worried as hospital had said only 80% accurate so we got a private gender scan for 50 pounds where she sasid it was 100% a little girl, she also put on the 4d for us to see her too even though we hadnt paid for it

money well spent if u ask me but at this stage if u have all ready bought all the girly stuff there prob no point spending money u dont have as if the hispital was wrong u still end up left with all the wrong baby clothes iykwim

did they give u a precentage at the time

She said something like she could see 3 vessels on the scan?? xx

That sounds pretty positive then that it's a little girl. The 3 vessels (or the triangle) is what they look out for and isn't present on a boy - so it's not like she just didn't see a dingaling, she saw something specifically girly xxxxx

No she didnt give me a percent, i think its because im so desperate for a girl (our little boy is 5) im just thinking that i could never be that lucky to get one of each. Thanks for the reasurance xx

I worry a wee bit too. All our big stuff is neutral, but a lot of gifts have been girly, I asked them to check at 35 week private, but bubs had legs closed cos not enough room.

Tbh - I think even a later check still runs the risk, but they are pretty good these days. Xxx

I worry about it but have had 2 scans with different people and they both said girl - they saw the 3 vessels and pointed them out to me at the time :)

With my ds I was told at 20 week scan they thought he was a girl, but he was in a weird position, then at 34 found his boy tail, found out boy this time at 20 weeks, but we'll see! Lol she was alot more confident and even took a screen shot of it for me xx

There's always that chance they could of told you wrong, but I think majority of the time they get it right!

I have that extra reassurance though because I had an extra scan (4D one at 28 weeks) and they also confirmed it was a boy just like NHS said.
I doubt it'll come out a boy if they've told you girl - try not to worry! :D

Last edited:
After the birth of my Godson to two white parents and he came out black (his real dad legged it back to Ghana soon after his birth) nothing would surprise me anymore lol, but then I have a good willy shot from the gender scan so I'm pretty certain he's a boy.....or a hermaphrodite lmao xxxxxxxxx

Im quite lucky as i still have jakes clothes from when he was a baby so if madam does turn out to be a mr at least i will have some clothes. Plus with paige and jake we bough neutral as we didnt find out the sex. I do worry a bit as jake is quite clingy and dont think i could cope with 2 small clingy boys lol. We sighed a sigh of relief when we were told girl lol

My first was a boy we didn't find out the sex my second I got told was a girl and like you had douts because I wanted a girl so much, I booked a 4d scan they told me again it was a girl but it really didn't make me any better, when she came out it was the first thing I shouted 'is it a girl' I don't think I would of believed anyone till I seen for myself xxxx

Haha, least its not just me then. Ah well another 10 weeks or so and ill soon see xx

I was told at 20 wk scan that we were having a girl. The scanner sounded pretty confident and I think it says 98% sure (or something similar) on the report but I have my doubts as my untrained eye could not see any indication of either sex. I only have pink clothes too so fingers crossed !

I have also been told i am having a girl and have bought everything. My mother in law's friends daughter had a baby last week and was told she was having a girl and she actually had a boy so that made me panic a bit. But even if she does come out a he i will love them so much it wont bother me one bit. He would just have to wear pink until i could get to next. lol

Hahaha I thought about this too, in fact, I dreamed i was having a boy and had a big argument with the midwife about it, lol!!!

They say the scans are not 100% positive but I haven't known anyone yet that has experienced otherwise xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back