Worrying

Geekachublog

Reaction score
For the first time last night I barely slept worrying about labour, the birth doesn't bother me, I kinda expect to be in agony.
My husband works nights (and takes the car), so I'm terrified of him being at work when I go into labour and me being alone.
I've considered asking my mum to come and stay, but she doesn't drive so if it did happen she can't get me to the hospital.
My husbands work is 30 minute drive away and we are 20 minutes from the hospital maternity centre...
I've barely slept since I woke up at 3 in a panic about it.

This pregnancy thing is just one long continuous stream of worries isn't it!

But I reckon as long as hubby can leave work as soon as you need him to then there's nought to worry about. I know every labour is different but I'm sure you will get plenty of warning before you need to get to hospital!

Sent from my Nexus 7

Awww poor you I bet your really tired. Try and get a nap today at some stage.

Most labours go on for hours and hours and early stages are just warm up so he will have plenty of time to get to you and get to to hospital.

x

Thanks girls, I think my boss has put the fear of god into me by saying that her labours were 5hrs, 3&1/2hrs and 1hr 45 minutes, I panic that I'll be almost there by the time he gets back. I was panicking that I wouldn't be able to get hold of him and all sorts of weird things.
I'll probably stay at my parents house some of the week when I'm closer to my due date, he only works Mon-Thur nights :)

It's exceedingly rare to have a 1 hr labour hun! There are also 24 hours in a day so he's just at likely to be at home as not. Plan for having backup people like friends or neighbours available as a backup. Try to stop worrying and don't watch too many movies with people giving birth. Yes it hurts but it's not like your giving birth to Satan like it seems to be portayed in some of the big blockbusters! xxx

Haha
Thanks Dotty!

I haven't worried at all up until now about labour/birth. It's been water off a ducks back and I've been actually quite excited, I think sometimes I just get something into my head and then it stays there. I'm hoping it was just a one night thing :)

Try not too worry too much about it. I didn't worry with my son about labour until I was like 36 weeks every night I couldn't sleep because it was on my mind. I am not worried about labour myself (yet) but I will be when I'm further gone as I was a nightmare giving birth to my son as I'm really bad with pain. It wasn't too bad with my son about making sure my partner was there as I was induced with Preclampsia but I was 3 days overdue. This time I'd quite like the excitement of ringing him saying my waters have broke or my contractions started lol x

Maybe save a couple quid each week and put it aside for a cab if you're worried about getting to the hospital?
I think the fact that its harder to get to sleep comfortably these days hives us more time to dwell over these things xx

My boyfriend walks away in Birmingham so if I don't go into labour at the weekend then he will most likely miss it! When he gets the call he is going to make his way straight down to Lincoln but he may not be in time! This has also worried me and plays on my mind quite a lot! I really don't want my boyfriend to miss the birth!
Just have a backup,that's what I'm doing :) if my boyfriend isn't here then it will be my sister! So stay calm, hopefully our OH's will be there for our births if we manage to pop at the right time for them to be there lol xxx

It doesn't worry me that he won't be there for the birth, the birth itself doesn't worry me, just the being alone when I go into labour, he can get back quite quickly though so I know he will be there :)

I think you're right Pippa, sleep is eluding me at the moment because I can't find a comfy position to sleep in, pregnancy pillow to be bought on payday next week :)

Try not to panic too much about the labour, the more relaxed you are, the better you'll cope with the pain. I really panicked with my 1st & didn't cope very well. My second, I was determined to be relaxed, concentrated on my breathing & had him with no pain relief whatsoever (inc gas & air). I found I'd have a couple of ok contractions & then a painful one. I was able to talk & walk around in between. It'll give you something to concentrate on until someone is with you. My 2nd labour was 13 hours in total & I spent all night on my own just breathing thru the contractions until I got to a reasonable time in the morning to wake my oh & 3 year old:). I'm sure you'll be fine xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back