worrying for nothing!!!

janey78

Reaction score
I went to my Auntie and Uncles this afternoon, when I got there my Uncle wanted to go for a walk which we do sometimes. I couldn't think of an excuse why I could go :roll:
We were walking not to fast for about an hour but I had a little slip on some mud didn't go all the way down.

But now I am worrying that I have done to much, My back is aching and I am so tired now.

My husband has told me off and said I have to take it easy in the first few weeks.

What do you think?

Whats taking it easy though, its soo easy to be told to rest etc but sometimes its impossible. U might have pulled something when u slipped and tiredness will come wether u walked for an hour or 5 mins, if ur used to doing it then shuldnt be any harm just like exercise really xx

I don't think I slipped enough to pull anything.
Groins are aching but they have been aching on and off for a week now.

actually there is no reason why you cant carry on as normal and do everything you have always done. walking wont harm you or baby, exercise is good for you and gentle things are good for while your preg. just go with how you feel. in my first tri i went to a metal music festival and slept in a field for 3 days and walked round lots, i just sat down when my tum hurt a little. i also helped knock down a wall in my kitchen and threw the bricks into the wheelbarrow. i didnt push myself any further than i woud have normally and i didnt do anything i would consider strenuous but i didnt lift the wheelbarrow like i usually would have so its about being sensible and doing as much as you feel able.

Thank you you have both put my mind at rest. :)

I was like this when I found out I was pregnant with my first. I was used to running 3 or 4 times a week and doing weights etc, walking our dog! When I found out I was pregnant I was scared to do anything at first, but then I kept up the running and walking the dog and did that til I was 4 months pregnant!

This time I had to stop running soon as it did hurt my uterus, but I'm still walking the dogs every chance I get, and it's a good 2 mile walk there n back.

Feel better getting out in that fresh air too!!

xxxx

Oh, try not to worry, lovely. It's very normal to be scared about hurting yourself or your baby early on, and the fear never stops. It sounds to me like you'll be fine. I didn't find out that I was pregnant until nearly 8 weeks and I'd been doing all sorts of things and got a bit tipsy at my cousin's wedding etc. It's hard not to worry that you've done something bad but fingers crossed everything will be fine! I also lifted two sofas around 11-12 weeks - not wise, but necessary!

Take care! x

I carried on working fitting central heating, drilling, lifting, running up and down stairs, and i worried about it but it hasn't done me any harm probably helped because if i had sat doing nothing i wouldn't have any energy now. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back