Worrying blood results.

BlondeP

Reaction score
Midwife has just called. Apparently from my screens results they have discovered that I have something low in my bloods that means baby is likely to be small. They want me to go in and get a prescription for something (aspirin I think) and to talk about what happens next in terms of consultant appointments and scans :(

Does anyone have experience with this? She told me that she can't say not to worry as it can be a bad thing sometimes :(

It's difficult to comment without knowing which blood result is affected. Aspirin is usually used to prevent placenta problems, I've been on aspirin since the beginning of my pregnancy.
Don't over think it just now, wait until you go in and get all the information, when are you going?

I think it begins with a P? The downs and Edwards came back fine just this one that was low. Spoken to my MIL who is a sonographer and she said its to do with the baby being small :( xxxxx

Perhaps this explains why they didn't pick the baby up on ultrasound for a little while, at the beginning of pregnancy? Try and find out exactly what it is, so you can get clued up. A small baby can still be a perfectly formed one!

Okay so I called and add hat the term was, I have Low PAPP A hormone. I think that must be why Laura. Hoping it's okay and won't be anything too concerning xxxx

I just did a quick search and it looks like you'll just have lots of extra growth scans (maybe weekly). Although it's horrible and worrying, hopefully frequent scans will put you at ease. It's certainly not a death sentence, and try not to torture yourself with google as chances are you will be absolutely FINE xxx

And eat lots of protein to try and boost growth! Not that I'm a doctor, but it can't hurt! Meat, cheese, leafy greens..

ah that's worrying Blonde. I don't know anything about this so can't offer any advice sorry. Why did theis result come to light later than the other blood tests?

Thanks Laura. Off to buy lots of super foods!!!

Not sure princess, only got my other results the other day so may they just had got round to calling me until today? Hoping it will all be alright xxxx

Sorry to hear about this Blonde, but it's great they're keeping a close eye on you. I know nothing about this, but my recommendation is to ask as many questions as you can think of. And if you do Google, stick to reputable sources, start with NHS website and maybe NICE.

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back