worrying already about coping with baby

Hunnie

Reaction score
Im so pathetic but Ive all ready got worries about how im going to cope with baby in public! I know Ill manage to cope at home but Ive always suffered from mild agoraphobia so I worry about not being to cope in public situations as it is on my own! This often means I will avoid doing a lot of things such as simply going into the corner shop if there are people in it or avoiding going to asda unless I completely have to and Ive been known to not bother buying clothes in shops if its busy because I cant cope with the standing in a que with people behind me "blocking my escape".

I worry now though about how Im going to manage with baby if she starts crying when we are out shopping and how I will cope with it. I hate having attention attracted to me in the first place and all I can think is that a hysterical child is just going to draw everyone to look. OH's SIL has just said its one of those things as a mum that you learn to deal with and become not bothered about but she didnt have the problem I have so I think she just managed to cope with it a lot better.

Im going to end up being on my own a lot of the time as OH works long hours. I know ill be able to drop her off at my mums most of the time but I worry about the times where I literally just have to nip in for a couple of items :roll: :(

:hugs: didnt wanna read and run,

I felt like this after id had my 1st daughter, it was horrible, like you say not being able to be in crowded places and panicking, remember after my 2nd daughter was born i literally left her n hubby in Asda just before xmas and bolted cos i couldnt "see any way out" felt like everyone was closing in on me and i had nowhere to go :(

Sorry for dumping my crap on you wish i could advise on how to cope but honestly for me there was no real "rule" just sort of dealt with it, tbh having a pram in front of me actually helped a little bit cos it was my barrier iyswim?

All i could suggest is 1 day at a time and talk about it xxx

:hug: I'd speak to GP hun and see what they can suggest to help too. Maybe some kind of therapy. Xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back