worrying about pre eclampsia

soffphie

Reaction score
Hi.
I had a scan yesterday which showed baby was quite small in terms of estimated weight.
in terms of percentile:
head 34%
abdominal 11%
femur 13%
estimated fetal weight less then 5%

I had to go and see a consultant straight away afterwards. I am now very worried about it being pre eclampsia and how serious it would be.? I am 30 weeks pregnant.
Consultant has suggested i have another scan in 2 weeks time and said this would show either just a small baby or a problem with placenta/pre ecampsia.

Me being me, ive been online and read stuff so now im worrying :(

My BP at all midwife appointments has been fine, tho i have always had protein in urine and quite regually this is sent off (i hear nothing back which is supposed to mean its fine?)

Trying to relax & not think about it too much but just wanted some advice off anyone whos perhaps had it

Hey, my last baby 4 years ago was a small baby. It was picked up during our 4d scan at 29 weeks and then we had scans every 2 weeks at the hospital. We did have some ups and downs with his weight as on one scan his tummy measurement was so low it wasn't on the scale but it was fine the week after. He was under the 5th centile on all his scans so they went too worried as he was at least following a line. I can remember panicking about it continuously until he was born so I'm not sure what to say that will help. My little boy was born perfectly healthy at 6lbs1oz and on the 7th or 8th centile I think. He just wasn't meant to be a big baby that's all. I hope your next scan goes well and it is just a case of having a small little one growing xx

Hey, my last baby 4 years ago was a small baby. It was picked up during our 4d scan at 29 weeks and then we had scans every 2 weeks at the hospital. We did have some ups and downs with his weight as on one scan his tummy measurement was so low it wasn't on the scale but it was fine the week after. He was under the 5th centile on all his scans so they went too worried as he was at least following a line. I can remember panicking about it continuously until he was born so I'm not sure what to say that will help. My little boy was born perfectly healthy at 6lbs1oz and on the 7th or 8th centile I think. He just wasn't meant to be a big baby that's all. I hope your next scan goes well and it is just a case of having a small little one growing xx

Thank you. like yours so far ours is lower then the 5th centile. I do just hope its a case of small baby and nothing else. Cant help but be worried.

Those scans aren't very accurate. Take them with a grain of salt.. They very often predict babies will be big/small and are totally wrong. Scans said my baby was below 5th percentile for everything but head size and she was born 25th centile for weight, perfectly healthy. Try not to stress xx

At the opposite end of the scale my second baby was 10lb 1 and when they scanned my third they were convinced he was going to be huge and the scan predicted 10lb 15 but he was 9lb 6. They often can be wrong

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back